First Anniversary of RA Training Log (Read 778 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You are an inspiration, along with 25000 mile Mikey!  That's why hanging around here is such a good thing.  Congrats!

A Saucy Wench

WOOT!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Black-Toe-Nailed

Hey Congrats!!!

My 2nd is on July, 1st this year...

It's incredible how long a year of running seems, isn't it? 

Even a single run can be like a whole day... not in the sense of becoming long and boring but for the sheer amount of things that you perceive.

I actually started the log the day after I bought  my first running shoes and the first day I started running!

It sounds maybe a bit strange but I was scared as hell of running without proper shoes. I am talking about running 1K or less, lol.

All that seems decades away... 

Happy Runnieversary ! (or Run-Log-i-versary, LOL)

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
        then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
        I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

A Saucy Wench

Here you go an appropriate quote:

A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs. – Joan Welsh

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Steve, you should be EXTRA proud of yourself...I just found this piece about statins.  What a horrible catch-22 with those meds.  What a huge favor you did for yourself a year ago.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Steve, you should be EXTRA proud of yourself...I just found this piece about statins.  What a horrible catch-22 with those meds.  What a huge favor you did for yourself a year ago.

vegefrog

A GREAT BIG THANKS to RA.com!  I know for a fact that my training log keeps me on track, 'cause at the end of the week, there's no way I want that log to call me a slacker, and if you slack off, you can see it in black and white (and green and red and blue and purple, too).

That's right! My log on RA  keeps me on track too Smile

Very inspiring the way you have overcome your obstacles and kept on running. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks to all for your kind words and good wishes.

Nader, Wainscott is (apparently) the closest weather reporting station for the weather widget Eric uses on RA, but I actually live on the North Fork, not the South Fork.

I forgot to mention how much I've learned from all the experienced runners here, like Nobby, spaniel, Jeff, Mikeymike, and about 100 others.

THANK YOU!

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out

dennrunner

Hmm. I've never heard of that type being called a "piece."

xor

Mongo not understand link.

Maggie & Molly

congrats on your first year and thanks for the awesome read!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Statins shoot you in the face while riding a bike.

I think.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahaha...that was not what I thought I was pasting.  There was just an article in the NYT about the not-so-nice effect that statins have on muscles, effectively making it difficult and painful to exercise. (I promise, this time it's the intended link) Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

dennrunner

Bwahahaha...that was not what I thought I was pasting.  There was just an article in the NYT about the not-so-nice effect that statins have on muscles, effectively making it difficult and painful to exercise. (I promise, this time it's the intended link) Tongue

Of course we still wonder what type of cycling "accessories" you've been seeking.  I consider certain riders unsafe to ride with. If we rode together, I'm not sure if I should feel safe or very, very afraid.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Of course we still wonder what type of cycling "accessories" you've been seeking.  I consider certain riders unsafe to ride with. If we rode together, I'm not sure if I should feel safe or very, very afraid.

We had a guy beaten on the local rail trail yesterday (apparently by a father and son)...they haven't released a lot of details, yet, but that photo has been making the rounds on cycling blogs (so I pasted it on FB, of course) and I'm thinking if I rode or ran with an accessory like that that I'd not have to fear confrontations out there. Tongue  I thought I'd copied the URL for the article before posting the link here...apparently not. Blush

~ Sarah Kay