Ms Cheapdate has... (Read 981 times)

Now that was a bath...

Running clothes! I bought a flash dash Asics (hydrology, thermopolis, UV SPF 15+, seamology - don't you just love the terminology) running vest and a pair of obscene, tiny little running shorts. Chortle, chortle. I put it on, came out the changing room, turned round and thought 'hmmm, not terribly pretty dear but it will certainly keep you cool during the race'. I also found a Puma running belt with a drink bottle and small pocket in the sale so I bought that too. I asked for bodyglide as I am finding a rubbing issue with my bra, but they looked at me like I was mental and it seems that this opinion was not lessened when I tried to explain what I wanted it for. I think the bloke stopped taking me seriously when I complained that the water bottle pack was black and did not come in pink or purple. 'Do they come in other colors apart from black then?' 'Oh yes. Other colors like pink and purple. I'm sure of that. I've seen them on the internet' 'And you wanted some...bodyslide?' 'Bodyglide - it prevents chafing.' 'You're chafing' 'Quite clearly. It's pink and i'd like a rehydration system to match.' No luck though. So I ended up with this... Which isn't nearly girly enough for the Cheapdate but it matches my obscene Puma running shorts and my black flashdash vest very nicely. Claire xxx Just to quickly clarify - Cheapdate is not my real surname - it's my nickname, my friends call me Cookie Cheapdate which I think is an excellent name, but then, I am easily pleased. Modified for greatness.
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...can you even get Bodyglide in NZ? Maybe it's not available everywhere... I'd order it online and pay international shipping if I couldn't get it locally--it works that well! We will have to see pics of you in your fancy race getup, you know! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

If you can't get Bodyglide, you can also use Vaseline as well. It's just as hard to get out as Bodyglide afterwards. I use Vaseline on my face when the temperature nears single digits Fahrenheit.

Prophet!

Hmmm...can you even get Bodyglide in NZ? Maybe it's not available everywhere... I'd order it online and pay international shipping if I couldn't get it locally--it works that well! We will have to see pics of you in your fancy race getup, you know! k
          maybe we can start a girls of RA calendar - or boyz of RA, either way seeing that men's running shorts are just as skimpy (although i wear my longish Nike shorts just cause i'm cool like that). That'd be hot, all Body-Glided up. It'll sell like hotcakes. Big grin

Now that was a bath...

maybe we can start a girls of RA calendar - or boyz of RA, either way seeing that men's running shorts are just as skimpy (although i wear my longish Nike shorts just cause i'm cool like that). That'd be hot, all Body-Glided up. It'll sell like hotcakes. Big grin
            I think your optimism at the potential sales of this calender may be a little high.
            We will have to see pics of you in your fancy race getup, you know!
            Can you afford the calender? My husband is trying to forecast sales potential.
            If you can't get Bodyglide, you can also use Vaseline as well. It's just as hard to get out as Bodyglide afterwards. I use Vaseline on my face when the temperature nears single digits Fahrenheit.
            Would it ruin my new clothes then? Fortunately we don't see single digit temperatures here - not even in centigrade! Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think your optimism at the potential sales of this calender may be a little high.
              *chokes on Diet Dr. Pepper* I have never found Bodyglide to be difficult to remove. It's kind of like that waxy lip balm. Hmmm...I wonder if a person could use Chapstick in a pinch...? k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

hey claire... maybe you can ask somebody at http://www.endurancesport.co.nz/running/ on where to get body glide. good luck..hopefully you won't be using cooking oil as a last resort.. Tongue
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

*chokes on Diet Dr. Pepper* I have never found Bodyglide to be difficult to remove. It's kind of like that waxy lip balm. Hmmm...I wonder if a person could use Chapstick in a pinch...? k
                  Bodyglide's kinda waxy. After several latters and scrubbing of soap, I can still feel it on me. Maybe I accidentally purchases the extra strong variant Tongue
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe you just have weird skin or crappy soap.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Maybe you just have weird skin or crappy soap.... Wink k
                      Tongue
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if it depends upon *where* a person applies the Bodyglide or how much they sweat...? I really only use it for "chub rub" and my lower back when I wear my Camelbak. I think by the time I finish a run it has mostly sweat off, so maybe that's why it's never been hard to remove, since those are such sweat intense areas. Or maybe it's just because I'm a sweaty pig. Wink I would think if a person uses it for chafing around their arms or areas that aren't as prone to heavy perspiration that maybe it wouldn't wear-off or sweat off as easily. k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I have had several of my "ultra" acquaintences tell me that this -->http://trisports.com/sportslick.html is better than bodyglide. I have used bodyglide with quite good success on my legs, my back and shoulders (for camelbak), my feet, my...uh..uh...well, let's just say I have used it quite liberally! Blush I have never had an issue with bodyglide staining my running clothes, but I do have a couple of shirts with "grease spots" in the nipple area from using vaseline and/or other non-chaffe products (like bag balm, utter butter, etc.). Check out retailers that may have triathletes as frequent shoppers, as they have multiple opportunities for chaffing and seem to have some rather specialized solutions that should cross over to running... Good luck, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)