Meet the teenagers... (Read 660 times)

Now that was a bath...

So I thought I would be a total bitch and go on my daughter's webpage to see what Geoff's webpage is like as I knew that they would be linked. He rather nicely lists his hobbies as pimping and smoking doobies. And here is my absolutely beautiful daughter on the night of her first high school ball six months ago. I wish that I could wrap her up tight in this picture and never have her change. I don't want my little girl to grow up this fast! Unfortunately for Geoff he has a very unusual surname and the directory shows only one family of that name living in Papatoetoe. I've become quite the detective this afternoon. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      So I thought I would be a total bitch and go on my daughter's webpage to see what Geoff's webpage is like as I knew that they would be linked. He rather nicely lists his hobbies as pimping and smoking doobies.
      Dude, if it is a public webpage, it is fair game. If she doesnt want you to see something, it doesnt belong in public. Do you think Geoff's parents would want to know about his webpage? Maybe you should invite them over for a BBQ and to look at photos of both of yalls kids. And you could just happen to go to her website to see recent photos, and then click the link to Geoff's. ] I am not really that evil, but I do think his folks should know what he has up and is up to. Yes, Alice will hate you for it, but she will thank you for it in the long run.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Claire...your DD is as beautiful as her mama--she deserves so much better than this little tool. I know, I shouldn't judge him--who knows, maybe we're only seeing his obnoxious teenage boy side--but from the looks of things he just seems so creepy. I definitely think you need to have a little chat with his parents. They deserve to know that their son was playing hooky and doin' the nasty with your DD in YOUR house. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Claire, you are in such a difficult position ... from what I've seen, banning your daughter from seeing him will likely backfire ... but you don't want to encourage her to see him... it's a horrible catch 22. Maybe it's the pictures and the hobby list (and don't get me started on how wrong it is that "pimping" is considered a cool and acceptable word), but this guy looks like such a tool ... and your daughter is so beautiful. No advice, but good luck (((()))).
          2009: BQ?
          Scout7

This is the sort of situation where you have big, burly men with baseball bats have a little chat with this self-styled "pimp". He wants the title, he needs to learn a little about the lifestyle.
            va

So I thought I would be a total bitch and go on my daughter's webpage to see what Geoff's webpage is like as I knew that they would be linked...
              IMHO, I don't think your being a bitch. She's your daughter, you care about her, and you're responsible for her, so you should be concerned about the kind of people she hangs with. When she's an adult, she can make her own choices, but for now you've got to watch over her...Keep up the good work.
              JakeKnight

He rather nicely lists his hobbies as pimping and smoking doobies.
                If it'll make you feel any better ... a couple years back, my in-laws poked around my now 18 year old future brother-in-law's Internet stuff and his MySpace page ... and he'd talking about "pimping" and how his favorite things were "beer, blunts, and baggin' bitches ..." But rather than be horrified, his whole family just about died laughing. You'd have to know the kid. He is (well, was then, anyway) about the most straight-laced white kid you ever saw, and wouldn't have known a "pimp" if he'd been slapped by one, had never had a beer, was probably allergic to "blunts" and if he ver tried to "bag" a "bitch," she probably would have broken his arm. He's a good lookin' kid, but I'm still pretty sure he's never kissed a girl. The point is: the young punks talk this way for some ridiculous reason, probably thanks to MTv. Not saying your punk isn't a REAL punk, but I wouldn't worry about the talk. Especially from "men" his age. BTW, I never saw your answer to my question in that other thread: where's your hubby on this? Call me a Neanderthal, but it seems like Lousville Slugger or something nice and shiny from Smith & Wesson solves your problem rather neatly. That's how us pimps roll in Tennessee. God, I'm getting old.
                This is the sort of situation where you have big, burly men with baseball bats have a little chat with this self-styled "pimp". He wants the title, he needs to learn a little about the lifestyle.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Now that was a bath...

JK, this has been different for John as he is not Alice's father and they have never been close. In part I think that this is why Alice behaves the way she does. I think she desperately wants a Father replacement but she won't let John in and she goes about it in all the wrong ways. John is angry. We told this 'boy' not to enter our house and John feels disrespected. I feel hurt, for me but mostly for Alice and I feel sad and lost for a solution. The truth is that I am a little scarier than John. If anyone is going to hit someone it is more likely to be me. When we had a problem crackhead living above us in London it was me that went upstairs, kicked in his door and punched him out. Nobody wakes my babies up in the middle of the night with a party after I tell them to turn the music down. I also beat up one of the male guests at my wedding when he tried to steal one of the flower arrangements from the tables. 100% pure class, that's me! Living on the streets for a while certainly hardens you up and I can flip from middle class housewife to white trash broad with the flick of a smile. That said I have every intention of playing fair and letting Geoff's parents beat him up instead. The Samoans rule their homes with an iron rod and he'll get a good whacking for disrespecting a Pakeha (White) family. It is seen as doing wrong by your culture to make them look bad to white folk. I had a big talk with a Samoan friend yesterday who works with troubled teenagers and he said that he felt that I should go and introduce myself to the family and talk about where our kids are going. He had some very good points and some made me quite sad because I could see a lot of Alice in the young girl's at his work that he described. He said he see's bad behavior time and time again in children that have no positive relationship with their father. Alice's father is crap. He lives in England and when we flew back to England in August last year she phoned him up to go meet him. He said that he had forgotten she was coming and that he had gotten married that day and had to go on honeymoon. He has never rang her back. All you men with daughter's, wrap them up tight with love. And JK - I have an iron bar next to the front door, but unfortunately guns aren't legal here.
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Alice's father is crap. He lives in England and when we flew back to England in August last year she phoned him up to go meet him. He said that he had forgotten she was coming and that he had gotten married that day and had to go on honeymoon. He has never rang her back.
                    That makes me so sad and angry. He has a beautiful, loving child...how could a parent hurt their kid that way?! Does she realize that his behavior is HIS fault and that she has done nothing to deserve being neglected by her dad? Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

JK, this has been different for John as he is not Alice's father and they have never been close. In part I think that this is why Alice behaves the way she does. I think she desperately wants a Father replacement but she won't let John in and she goes about it in all the wrong ways. John is angry. We told this 'boy' not to enter our house and John feels disrespected. I feel hurt, for me but mostly for Alice and I feel sad and lost for a solution.
                      That explains a lot. As a man, I feel for your husband. That's a tough position. Not that I don't feel for you, but I can imagine being him easier. It's gotta be tough dealing with this even when it's your kid; a step-kid, and a teenager ... ugh. That's a toughie. Of course, the bit about the punk-wannabe coming over to your house is really between John and him. Might be time for some direct action there. I did watch my in-laws go through something similar with my sister-in-law. She was dating a kid they didn't like, who did a bunch to disprespect them, lots of drugs involved, etc. You can imagine the details. They were completely freaked out over it, and desperate to get her away from this dumbass (she's older though - 20 at the time. So it's not like they could just make her stay in her room). The situation went on for a year or more, and every time they told her to stay away, she just clung to him tighter. The only thing that finally worked was when they gave up. The kid still wasn't allowed in thier home, but they quit asking their daughter about it. And sure enough, just like clockwork, within about 3 months she grew bored with the punk and dumped him. Problem solved. As others have said, there might be something to that: for some reason, rebellious teenage girls find guys they're parents hate really attractive. (Which is why if I had a time machine, I'd go tell my 16-year old self not to be such a respectful wuss when dealing with girls' parents. I should have smoked cigarettes and called my dates' fathers "dude" or something. And definitely gotten a motorcycle. Oh, yeah. Should have worn leather and gotten a tattoo. Sigh. Wonder if it's too late for all that to work?)
                      And JK - I have an iron bar next to the front door, but unfortunately guns aren't legal here.
                      Only people with daughters should be allowed to vote on gun control. That would take care of that problem. Can't you get a shotgun? For, um, bird hunting, or something? Skeet shooting? A pet crocodile? One of those boxing kangaroos? That's work.
                      I also beat up one of the male guests at my wedding when he tried to steal one of the flower arrangements from the tables. 100% pure class, that's me! Living on the streets for a while certainly hardens you up and I can flip from middle class housewife to white trash broad with the flick of a smile. .
                      You would *really* fit in around here. Smile Nash Vegas, Tennessee holds the international trademark on white trash redneck women. And I think a bride getting in a fistfight at her wedding gets automatic membership in the redneck hall of fame. Congrats. Modified to add: I'm not fixing the typos. So there.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

And sure enough, just like clockwork, within about 3 months she grew bored with the punk and dumped him. Problem solved. As others have said, there might be something to that: for some reason, rebellious teenage girls find guys they're parents hate really attractive. Only people with daughters should be allowed to vote on gun control. That would take care of that problem. You would *really* fit in around here. Smile Nash Vegas, Tennessee holds the international trademark on white trash redneck women. And I think a bride getting in a fistfight at her wedding gets automatic membership in the redneck hall of fame. Congrats.
                        I can attest to the boredom once mom & dad quit protesting. I used to do that in my younger days! And you are absolutely right, only those of us blessed (or cursed) with daughters should be allowed to vote on gun control!! My daughter (just turned 7) is scared to ever kiss a boy and I love it. Her "uncle" (hubby's best friend), idolized by my daughter, told her that he would shoot the first boy that ever laid his lips on his little niece. She is truly convinced, at this point in her life anyways, that this will happen and has vowed to never kiss a boy!! Big grin In my fantasies, this will work until she is at least 20 yrs of age... Roll eyes
                        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3