Garmin running backwards? (Read 807 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

In my loopy long run state, I thought that the Garmin was measuring (the physics definition of) work, that the distance would go down to zero as I get back to the start point of my run. Reception wasn't the problem since I was on a bridge when the problem started.
    You must be an engineer. Big grin Actually if you are running a saved course it will count down distance remaining.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hey, maybe this is a new 'feature' on out-and-back courses!
      Yeah - I was waiting for it to get back to zero, too. Tongue And I made sure to show it to my son who happened to be with me on that run, so he could "witness" distance going backwards! I thought I was going nuts and wanted verification of what my brain and eyes were telling me. Shocked BTW - I was on an extremely hilly, deep canyon on a trail (WS course) when it did this.
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado