Vibrams settles lawsuit - benefit claims not supported by science (Read 276 times)

Feeling the growl again

Apparently Vibrams found it easier to fork over a few million dollars than provide scientific evidence demonstrating the injury reduction and speed increase their advertising claimed for their shoes - LINK

Time to go get your refund from the eschrow....

This may not have helped their case much...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Exactly what the trillion dollar foot coffin industry wants you to believe!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

The only sensible thing to do is to run with a Vibram on one foot and a Hoka on the other, alternating feet from one run to the next. You can easily run part of a 5k in 14 minutes using this one weird old trick.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

#artbydmcbride

The favorite toe-shoe of vegan restaurant servers and 55-year-old men with ponytails has settled a class action lawsuit brought against it by what sounds like every person who ever wore its foot-condoms.

Runners run

SillyC

Class action lawsuits always make me angry.

"Per the court agreement, the attorneys for the class members can receive up to 25% of the $3.75 million settlement, or $937,500."

And the rest to the lawyers.  This was a complete waste of our legal system.  Over what?  A few stress fractures in some stupid runners.  There's no tragedy here.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I DO NOT have a ponytail.

Joann Y

I DO NOT have a ponytail.

You say that, but it's really hard to tell from your picture.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You say that, but it's really hard to tell from your picture.

Ilene has seen me IRL.

Joann Y

Ilene has seen me IRL.

You're being awfully defensive.

Feeling the growl again

Class action lawsuits always make me angry.

+1.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

ultramarathon/triathlete

I want my $$ back.  I've been a-googlin' and can't seem to find out how.  Is it too late to join a class action lawsuit after it's been settled?  I'm betting it is :-(

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                        Gatorade Endurance Team

bap

I believe the whole argument for barefoot running is based on a Mexican tribe running ultras.

You'll notice that Kenyans who are used to running barefoot switch to running shoes as soon as they can.

Certified Running Coach
                          Crocked since 2013

tappae

My last pair gave me 929 miles, and I'm only 37, not 55.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I believe the whole argument for barefoot running is based on a Mexican tribe running ultras.

You'll notice that Kenyans who are used to running barefoot switch to running shoes as soon as they can get a sponsor.

FTFY.

#artbydmcbride

Ilene has seen me IRL.

I can vouch for no ponytail!  And a handsome dashing man he is too! 

Runners run