Underwhelmed (Read 362 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cloverfield. Meh. Whatever. Wish I'd talked DH into seeing "Juno." Maybe next time I can remind him of the 13 year old punks 2 seats away from us. One literally kept sprinting over to the door of the theater, since he could not handle the edgy parts (weren't all that many, IMO) and his buddy puked in his popcorn and on the floor. Dude, if you are feeling nauseous for ANY reason during a film GTFO of the theater...duh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shame - kids doing that kind of stuff would really ruin a film like cloverfield. i couldn't take my eyes off it! it was certainly unusual and very bizarrely done. but i also thought it was completely brilliant. but then there weren't any kids at all in the showing we went to.

My dogs are fast, not me

I really liked Cloverfield. I thought the way it was filmed made you feel like you were right there with them. Sorry about the distractions during your showing. We usually go to the movies at the first showing on Sundays. Most of the church crowd is at lunch and our theater is mostly deserted at that time of day.

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I first saw trailers for the film I thought it was going to be super cool--I'm normally a huge fan of monster/alien/dinosaur/suspense/horror films, but I think I read and saw too much about this movie before seeing it, so much of the element of surprise was lost for me. Even that scene at the end of the tape where they are on the ferris wheel at Coney Island and the shot is of the water for a few seconds...I knew to look for the object that falls into the water near the upper righthand side of the screen (that the average viewer wouldn't notice if they weren't looking for it). I was telling DH that what would have redeemed the movie for me is if Beth and Rob would have said "you're schmoopie,"..."no, YOU'RE schmoopie" before the last explosion. That NY/Seinfeld reference would have made the entire preceding film the best comedy ever. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay