Runningskirts (Read 2702 times)

I know, I know... In the States Runningskirts aren't something new, but over here in Europe they are still hard to find. 

In fact, apart from some rather boring black skirts (I saw one from Asics), I haven't seen any in Belgium yet.  But there are some Dutch online shops were I might buy them.

There is a shop that has skirts from gym girl and from sugoi, and another that has the runningskirts-line.

But before spending my money on one of them... is there someone who has tried skirts of two, or even the three of those brands? How do they compare?

Running in Belgium
    Ann

The Terminator

When I wore running skirts, I liked runningskirts.com.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I wore running skirts, I liked runningskirts.com.

Those are the ones I found to fit me best, too...though I will say that their sizing can be erratic.  All of mine have been the same size, but a couple have fit larger or smaller than the others.

I think it's a YMMV sort of thing.  What I like about the runningskirts.com ones is that they are sorta a-line through the skirt--narrower through the waist and hips, widening towards the bottom.  I have relatively small waist and hips vs. my thighs.  The straighter-cut skirts like skirtsports.com makes don't fit me as well.  And some people like the compression shorts for liner...they always creep up on me, so I prefer the briefs and use Sport Shield on the inner-thigh chafe spots.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think it's a YMMV sort of thing.  What I like about the runningskirts.com ones is that they are sorta a-line through the skirt--narrower through the waist and hips, widening towards the bottom.  I have relatively small waist and hips vs. my thighs. 

Well... I don't know what YMMV means...

But the following sentence is enough for me to know that I have to go for Runningskirts... XXS for waist, S for hips, M for thighs... So that A-line should do.

Running in Belgium
          Ann

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well... I don't know what YMMV means...

But the following sentence is enough for me to know that I have to go for Runningskirts... XXS for waist, S for hips, M for thighs... So that A-line should do.

Yep, sounds like they would work well for you, too.

YMMV - your mileage may vary. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I've never tried them because the cool peeps told me not to Wink
                I like both runningskirts and skirtsports. I also prefer the briefs to the compression shorts, but I do think the shorts have gotten better in recent years and don't tend to ride up as much.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

2OA woman at the Strolling Jim 41 mile ultramarathon today ran in a runningdress.

That is all.

MrH

2OA woman at the Strolling Jim 41 mile ultramarathon today ran in a runningdress.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Beginner all over again

Anyone have Links for where to buy running Dress(es) ?

Thanks

MrH

Thanks

Would tennis dresses not work? That's what Kathrine is wearing in the pic from the NY marathon.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks

I know SkirtSports has dresses...I recall there was another company that makes them, too, but it's not coming to mind.

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Based on ads in magazines, I'm pretty sure moeben (the folks that "invented" arm sleeves) does... but I checked their website, and the website looks like it is stuck in 2009.  No mention of dresses, lots of mentions of skirts to be released "later in 2009".  WEIRD.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I found more...I know one of the gals on here is a huge fan of Nuu-Muu dresses.  Athleta used to carry some, too.

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

I like both runningskirts and skirtsports. I also prefer the briefs to the compression shorts, but I do think the shorts have gotten better in recent years and don't tend to ride up as much.

I totally agree with you!! I wore a hot pink skirtsports marathon girl skirt in the Susan B Komen 5K today. Loved it!!!