Carlsbad Half Marathon race report (Read 546 times)

oh wow, we were neck n neck! Big grin COngrats to you too! Hey, I looked at your profile picture...that's a nice shot of you heading up Torrey Pines...was that last years LJHM? I ran it last year and beat my Carlsbad time by almost 3 minutes...I thought it was a much easier course despite TP.
    Yep, i've ran the LJHM three times 2005-7. My best times were 1:42 in 2005 and 2007. i've never been under 1:40 but maybe this year. I think the elevation changes just make it hard, TP is bad but that last climb at mile 12-13 is a killer at that stage in the race. Anyway, i'll be there this year - we can have a rematch Big grin Although, the la jolla half is my favourite race for the beautiful point to point course, and also the beer and ice cream puff pastries at the end.
      Yep, i've ran the LJHM three times 2005-7. My best times were 1:42 in 2005 and 2007. i've never been under 1:40 but maybe this year. I think the elevation changes just make it hard, TP is bad but that last climb at mile 12-13 is a killer at that stage in the race. Anyway, i'll be there this year - we can have a rematch Big grin Although, the la jolla half is my favourite race for the beautiful point to point course, and also the beer and ice cream puff pastries at the end.
      last year's LJ was my first time at a beer garden. I'm not a big drinker but that was the best tasting beer EVAH!! and you are smokin fast!! Last year I was thrilled with a 1:44:58 or something like that. I'm running Boston the week before and when I mention doing LJ when I get back, dh just rolls his eyes. Roll eyes I think I'll have to pass this year...for the sake of marital harmony. Big grin unless of course I can convince him otherwise... Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Great race-- way to go LAB!!! You reap what you sow and you have been consistantly training. You will do great at SC and Boston. Will I be doing laundry those weeks ? Roll eyes The other day I was on the boardwalk next to the lifeguard tower as regular female runner went by. The guard I was with thinks she's cute. You met her in line for the bus back from the R&R last year (you beat her by a lot). Anyway, after she ran by I turned to the guard next to me and said, "My wife can kick her butt. Actually, she already kicked her butt once." He looked at me a little shocked. Partly because I don't normally talk that way and mostly because he knows that we train in martial arts. I had to clarify, but now he understands you're just a lot faster runner than her and not beating people up. As far as LJ 1/2 goes may be we can work out something through bartering. Wink
        Find the fun.
          Great race-- way to go LAB!!! You reap what you sow and you have been consistantly training. You will do great at SC and Boston. Will I be doing laundry those weeks ? Roll eyes The other day I was on the boardwalk next to the lifeguard tower as regular female runner went by. The guard I was with thinks she's cute. You met her in line for the bus back from the R&R last year (you beat her by a lot). Anyway, after she ran by I turned to the guard next to me and said, "My wife can kick her butt. Actually, she already kicked her butt once." He looked at me a little shocked. Partly because I don't normally talk that way and mostly because he knows that we train in martial arts. I had to clarify, but now he understands you're just a lot faster runner than her and not beating people up. As far as LJ 1/2 goes may be we can work out something through bartering. Wink
          awww, thanks Honey, flattery will get you far!! Embarrassed and if you are serious...let the bartering begin! Blush Shy Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Another Passion

As far as LJ 1/2 goes may be we can work out something through bartering. Wink
            Bartering's good, Jennifer... take the deal! Wink (I'm pullin' for ya TS!) Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Simultaneous posts... go figure.

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Simultaneous posts... go figure.
                hehehehe! great minds and all that jazzzzzzzz! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231