Head count…. Hatfield/McCoy, June 14th (Read 70 times)

Curious - how many runners here are going to be at Hatfield/McCoy Marathon/Half Marathon in 3 weeks?  I've heard it's quite a party.  challenging course.  good pre and post race perks and great course support.  attracts many Half Fanatics and Marathon Maniacs, 50 Staters, etc, and runners from around the globe.  I will be running it for the first time.   who else is in?

Tammarin.....

Me.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I ran it 2 years ago. Nice race. My Facebook avatar is a sign from the race last year. I did not run. Injured. " Welcome back Ronald Clay from Decatur,Ga". Did not want to make the 7.5 hour drive by myself. The fire station is supposed to be a good choice to stay. A hotel 20 miles away can be a hour drive on mountain roads.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I ran the Blackberry Mountain half course last year, and loved it.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it back this year, though.

A hotel 20 miles away can be a hour drive on mountain roads.

thanx for the heads up.  I believe we are at one of those hotels "only 20 minutes away"  …….

Tammarin.....