Pit Bull confrontation... (Read 1239 times)

gebuh

we get our dogs from the pound, we've had 2 pits and a rottie- the pits have been the best dogs in the world. I worked on a farm for a family that had generations of pits, they're good all around dogs. It's all about the handling. In the last 5 years I've been set on seriously 3 times by dogs, twice by some nondescript shepherd-y looking mutts and once by a dalmatian- spotted bugger actually attacked my rottie. Say hello to seven- my "doesn't-deserve-to-live-slavering-man-killer" she's glaring menacingly at you from the left.
      we get our dogs from the pound, we've had 2 pits and a rottie- the pits have been the best dogs in the world. I worked on a farm for a family that had generations of pits, they're good all around dogs. It's all about the handling. In the last 5 years I've been set on seriously 3 times by dogs, twice by some nondescript shepherd-y looking mutts and once by a dalmatian- spotted bugger actually attacked my rottie. Say hello to seven- my "doesn't-deserve-to-live-slavering-man-killer" she's glaring menacingly at you from the left.
      Ten years ago, when my son was eight, we went to the pound to get a dog. There was a pit bull, but only a home without children could get him/her/it. At the time, I thought it was because of the breed, but maybe it was because of the temperament of that particular dog.
        I've always said the only good pit bull is a dead one. Those dogs have no business being alive. They are unpredictable and dangerous. Glad you survived this and had some pepper spray with you. I would have called animal control to tell them take care of them or I will, one bullet at a time. Angry
        I agree, I really hate pit bulls, but my worst dog experiences have been with Golden Retrievers. They are viscious and sneaky. I actually had a pair of them "tag team" me on a bike ride once. I was riding past this farmhouse, out ran a GR in front of my bike barking, growling, snapping right in my path. I had to hit the brakes. Meantime another came out from some bushes behind me that it was hiding in, and ran up and bit into my thigh right behind the knee, teeth sunk right to the bone. I had to grab my tire pump and beat him in the head to make him release. It was a nightmare.... The owner was little help. Once I got the dogs to back off, I called the cops. Eventually the one that bit me was destroyed. I've had plenty of other incidents regarding Golden Retrievers. I always carry pepper spray now, and would not hesitate to use it, especially on a GR (hate those suckers). But usually it's only one dog, and if you turn and face the cowards they will back off. Just don't start running again, until you're sure they are gone. They love to sneak up and back-bite you. Oh yeah, I love when the owner is watching and says "Don't worry, he/she won't bite..." I always reply "That's what they all say, but I've been bitten enough times, I don't believe it. Now get your @#$$%# dog the heck off me!". Usually they do, or more often the dog backs off on its own. I've had some owners get downright belligerent with me. I would not hesitate to pepper spray them either!
        JakeKnight

Golden retrievers are sissies compared to Yorkies - the deadliest canines in the world. Watch the video. I rest my case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KXOnhIhqWM MTA: the fact that a bunch of people got all super-serious in the comments section of that video just makes it funnier.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I've had some owners get downright belligerent with me. I would not hesitate to pepper spray them either!
            It sounds to me like any belligerent treatment you received was well deserved Can we please just put this stupid argument to rest. If you want to argue, here's a great thread http://runningahead.com/forums/topic/4c2697c5e4504698a5ed03ab5ed66c8c
              No name calling please
              JakeKnight

Covering up the quoted text. JK's response is quoted by Mr. Inertia below if you care to read it.
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Please .... please .... nobody respond to this. Okay? As always, beer is on me if we avoid the obvious Internet bullshit here. The good stuff, too. Budweiser. Not Bud Light.
                  Bud qualifies as "good beer"!? Dead Troll - please nobody respond to this
                  JakeKnight

Bud qualifies as "good beer"!? Dead
                    No. Bud Light is better. But I'm trying to please the masses here. I'll cough up some Milwaukee's Best if necessary, since you people are so picky.

As always, beer is on me if .
                      I think that I would like to buy Jake some remedial beer drinking training so that he can avoid having beer on him as opposed to beer IN him.... make it Pabst Blue Ribbon and yer on....
                      JakeKnight

make it Pabst Blue Ribbon and yer on....
                        Dude, I'm not made of money. Real men stick to Natural Light. Or generic beer.

I'll buy everyone some good cheap canadian beer (moosehead, molson, etc) as I am leaving the country for fear that this thread has exposed my secret plan to breed a pack of evil Yorkie-Retrievers to terrorize runners from coast to coast.
                            .....or maybe I'll go south. Corona and a lime sounds mighty tasty Smile
                              I'll buy everyone some good cheap canadian beer (moosehead, molson, etc) as I am leaving the country for fear that this thread has exposed my secret plan to breed a pack of evil Yorkie-Retrievers to terrorize runners from coast to coast.
                              Dude. There's no such thing.
                              Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

"...as well as maintaining a strict code of ethics. In addition to the cooperative nature of the group and its annual conventions, it also provides several scholarship opportunities to young men and women." holy shiites, that really is scary. That they need to have a code of ethics (clown ethics...), and that they are trying to lure in the young men and women. (I knew it!) What's scarier is that they are right around the bend from me. I hope that is all just a bi g joke.
                                That made me laugh out loud. It probably proved to my coworkers what they already knew/suspected, that I'm nuts! Smile

TRUST THE PROCESS