Zinc lozenges might actually work (Read 76 times)

joescott

Just FYI if it’s of any use to anyone.  I’ve taken Cold-Eeze before and not been sure if it’s had any effect at all other than leaving a mildly unpleasant taste in my mouth.  BUT, I started feeling a cold coming on a few days after Boston.  By Sunday it was pretty full blown & kicking my tail, so I started on the Cold-Eeze about 3-4 times a day.  Either my immune system is roaring back now that I’m more recovered from the marathon, or else these darn things are actually working this time.  It’s only Thursday and I’m feeling nearly 100% again.  So, just a data point to share with the community.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Zicam (zinc) + Nettie Pot = no more sinus infections for me.  The first 3 years I lived in Ohio, I was repeatedly getting them. I was getting sinus infections 3 or 4 times a year  when allergies would kick in. Then I started using zicam and the nettie pot because I just got sick of getting sick.  It appears to have made a big difference for me. Haven't had one in two years.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

juniordo1

Just FYI if it’s of any use to anyone.  I’ve taken Cold-Eeze before and not been sure if it’s had any effect at all other than leaving a mildly unpleasant taste in my mouth.  BUT, I started feeling a cold coming on a few days after Boston.  By Sunday it was pretty full blown & kicking my tail, so I started on the Cold-Eeze about 3-4 times a day.  Either my immune system is roaring back now that I’m more recovered from the marathon, or else these darn things are actually working this time.  It’s only Thursday and I’m feeling nearly 100% again.  So, just a data point to share with the community.

I'm a believer. I think the zinc lozenges lessen some symptoms and shorten the duration of your cold. A couple of times per year the kids will bring home a cold that gets passed throught the house. I have always had the cold for the shortest duration (days less than everyone else) and I am the only one who will tolerate the bad taste of the lozenges.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

Not dead. Yet.

I'm a believer as well.  My friends at work brought to my attention though, that they can cause you to lose your taste for extended periods of time.  Even forever in rare cases.  I guess you can kind of notice even after just sucking on one lozenge., but it always goes right away for me.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm166927.htm

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Running Chick

pumpkin seeds (pepitas) are high in zinc.  i think zinc is one of those overlooked minerals, but oh-so critical to overall health........