Cactus Rose Race Report (Sorry, this is so late!) (Read 589 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Here is a link to my write-up from Cactus Rose, I had it written, but didn't "finish" it until Friday night... enjoy! Lynn B http://www.hillcountrytrailrunners.com/docs_reports/CactusRose_lynn_rpt_2007/index.html

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Loved the report Lynn. You are incredible! 2nd place... nice job! And way to put in the mikemike quote Smile Thanks for sharing the great write-up.
        My routine was simple, enter the aid station, find the check-in book and think up some insult I could write to Joe, grab a Dew or a Pepsi and/or Ensure and a tortilla roll, maintain efficiency in eating/drinking, review the contents of the drop bag to see what changes needed to be made, if any. That’s it!
        Fuel of Champions Seriously, 100 miles. Do you feel good after these events? What did you do post race? Camp in the woods? Please don't say you drove home... Big grin I know you mentioned before that some courses are more technical then others. Are there any high grass courses you run on.... courses where you have less feel for footing because you don't know what is beneath.

Vim

you are amazing! Big grin I loved the report...congrats! Thanks so much for sharing your experience! 100 miles is just...wow! I was all set to be a poser run a local 50k this spring but the fires destroyed the area and they cancelled the race due to unsafe conditions/erosion.

Jennifer mm#1231

You'll ruin your knees!

Do you feel good after these events?
            define "feel good"...
            What did you do post race? Camp in the woods? Please don't say you drove home... Big grin
            ...went to my truck, stripped down, showered from a gallon jug of water, hung around finish line for 3 hours, slept in my truck and then...drove home...
            I know you mentioned before that some courses are more technical then others. Are there any high grass courses you run on.... courses where you have less feel for footing because you don't know what is beneath.
            Sure, this race, for example, had lots and lots of tall grass and sotol cactus...not a problem during the daylight, but a real bear at night when the light couldn't illuminate that actual trail... Also happened at another race I did in Washington in August...running through chest high mulberry bushes overhanging the trail...middle of the night...crashing through the bear buffet...can slow a runner down...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

As always, I am impressed. In awe would be more appropriate actually. Way to work, fella.
                Once again an awesome report Lynn! Thanks for sharing it!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Um...WOW!! I'm seriously impressed...once again. Congratulations!

Another Passion

Nicely done yet again, Lynn. Congrats running fiend! Shocked

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Burninated Peasant

Every time I read one of your race reports, I swear that I'm not going to read the next one because it will probably make me do something stupid, like sign up for something like this. I end up reading them anyway every time. Help!