DFW, TEXAS: Turkey Trot ? (Read 1109 times)

Anyone in the DFW area running a local turkey trot (aka early Thanksgiving day caloric burn) this year? Fort Worth Turkey Trot 5 km and 10 km Dallas Turkey Trot 3 mile and 8 mile events Also in Fort Worth... Park Glen Turkey Trot 5KM I am going to sign up for the Fort Worth 10km.

Vim

I'd like to but I think I'm going to be cooked after Ultracentric next weekend. I hope you are running the 10k as a training run for the White Rock Half? Evil grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yes, it'll give me something to look forward to.

Vim

Sweet! Looking forward to it. And I won't bring my puke medicine this time!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Burninated Peasant

I'm running the Park Glen Turkey Trot, breaking a 14-year family tradition of going to the Dallas race. We just decided that the ridiculous post-race crowds aren't worth it anymore, especially with two kids under the age of two. This one is very close to home - I'm thinking of running to the start line and meeting the family there, then running back home after the race. Since I'll be pushing a jogging stroller, I'm not going to be setting a PR anyway.
              I'm running the Park Glen Turkey Trot, breaking a 14-year family tradition of going to the Dallas race. We just decided that the rediculous post-race crowds aren't worth it anymore, especially with two kids under the age of two. This one is very close to home - I'm thinking of running to the start line and meeting the family there, then running back home after the race. Since I'll be pushing a jogging stroller, I'm not going to be setting a PR anyway.
              Issue I had with the Fort Worth Turkey Trot (I hadn't heard of the Park Glen one) last year is they had the 5K then the 10K race. Some folks do both. By the time I got back to the goodies section, everything had been torn up... this included the fluid station.

Vim