New runner (Read 1013 times)

Hi,

I'm new to these forums.  Today was my fourth day of running.  I decided to get off my butt and try out the c25k program.  I got myself a Garmin Forerunner 305 and used it for the first time today.  I'm amazed at all the information it collects.  

I've really been looking forward to my running days and seeing if I can cut down on my mile times.  I've been finding lots of helpful information in these forums so far and look forward to running my first 5K later this summer.

-Jon

Started c25k on 5/30/11

an amazing likeness

C25K is a good start.  Keep in mind that you're in this for the long haul, don't let the data and details from the Forerunner lead you to over analysis. Just get out there as often as you can, ran - walk - jog, whatever works that day. 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

chrissyb

Hi Jon!  Good luck with c25k, I finished it recently, running a total of 3 months or so.  Enjoy it, it really is addicting!

reelslow

C25K is a good start.  Keep in mind that you're in this for the long haul, don't let the data and details from the Forerunner lead you to over analysis. Just get out there as often as you can, ran - walk - jog, whatever works that day. 

I've really been looking forward to my running days and seeing if I can cut down on my mile times.

Welcome here!

I use my smartphone with a running app instead of a 'real' GPS, but I find it very good to keep me motivated...

Just take care not to focus to much on your pace... just try to increase the time you are runnning slowly, without getting focused on speed yet! 

I found out that trying to speed up to soon wasn't a good idea for me...

Running in Belgium
            Ann

Maggie & Molly

couldn't say it better myself.  Just run and enjoy!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Welcome! I also did c25k and think it is a great program.

I will echo the others and agree that you shouldn't worry so much about pace right now.

there's c25k user group here too.

Welcome! I also did c25k and think it is a great program.

I will echo the others and agree that you shouldn't worry so much about pace right now.

there's c25k user group here too.

Thanks!  I didn't even look at the groups section yet.  

I'm not really pushing myself to run faster, but it's nice to see improvements in my stamina reflected by my times.

Started c25k on 5/30/11