Shuttle chases Space Station (Read 414 times)

There is a real cool race taking place above us and you can see it if you live in the right place. Be sure to click on "sighting opportunities." http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/index.html

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

I have been to a launch and a landing. And it offered a ride on the shuttle I'd be gone in a NY second!!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Hey, Bear Poop. Been a long time. Last evening my wife and I watched the ISS pass by then, right on time, the shuttle flew over about 9 min later. Today they are much closer. We are hoping to see them this evening simultaneously as the shuttle closes in on the ISS for docking tomorrow. (Much like overtaking that runner in front of you at the local 5K.) After docking the fly over is quite bright as both craft are joined and reflect the sun well. How's the running going? Smile I've been back on the Diabetes Forum after some time off. John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Hey, you guys know about Heavens-Above? Best satellite tracking and spotting site out there, as far as I've seen. Iridium flares are pretty cool; I've seen the shuttle and ISS shortly after separation a few years ago, too. Check out spaceweather.com too - occasionally someone will get an insanely cool picture of the ISS transiting the sun or something like that... did

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, you guys know about Heavens-Above? Best satellite tracking and spotting site out there, as far as I've seen. Iridium flares are pretty cool; I've seen the shuttle and ISS shortly after separation a few years ago, too.
            Dude, Heavens Above is excellent. Iridium flares are a great way to fool with people: "there will be a great flash of light right...about...NOW!"

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.