RAGBRAI ?!? (Read 3352 times)

Slo

Anyone in for the week or a few days?

Using the RAGBRAI support, charter or with a team?

I'm with Team Olde Dawgs. Looks like we've got pretty good digs for the week.

Kalsarikännit

I'm in again. Team Good Beer.

I ran the route for one day mid-week last year, just to make sure I could get one good run in during the week. I have been injured and I'm in amazingly bad shape right now, but will need to get a run in. I figure I will run a half day, to the lunch town, on Wednesday. If you bike by, say hi.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Slo

I'm in again. Team Good Beer.

I ran the route for one day mid-week last year, just to make sure I could get one good run in during the week. I have been injured and I'm in amazingly bad shape right now, but will need to get a run in. I figure I will run a half day, to the lunch town, on Wednesday. If you bike by, say hi.

My Dad was an advid cyclist and this would have been his 14th RAGBRAI. I remember you posting a while back about how you ran the route one day and your comments to the dude on the recumbent...too funny.

Anyway...a re-occuring thought I have had ever since reading about your run was to take part of one day and run while pushing my bike and wearing a shirt or a sign somewhere saying: "This riderless bike represents a past RAGBRAI'r lost to cancer".

Has team good beer named thier bar stops yet?

Kalsarikännit

We are finishing up the bar guide right now. I will post a link once it is all finished.

DoppleBock

Jealous

I do not even ride bike, but I would go out and buy one to be on Team Good Beer ... Do they ever have openings for a country hick from WI? 

We are finishing up the bar guide right now. I will post a link once it is all finished.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

They would love you on the team. Our goal is a repeat of hitting every golf course on the 450 mile route to drink at. The bus has a 6 tap system and the team has a bunch of home and professional brewers. They bring beer. Plus we are sponsored by a few breweries. We had 160 gallons of beer last year.

You would have to wear spandex.

DoppleBock

By spandex are you meaning team issued spandex or can I choose from one my many options?

If you are semi-serious, I will start looking for a used touring bike.

They would love you on the team. Our goal is a repeat of hitting every golf course on the 450 mile route to drink at. The bus has a 6 tap system and the team has a bunch of home and professional brewers. They bring beer. Plus we are sponsored by a few breweries. We had 160 gallons of beer last year.

You would have to wear spandex.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Marquess of Utopia

I'm going to ride Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe I'll run into you guys, I should be wearing my new Peace Tree jersey. Anyone going to race at Bix at the end of the week?

Kalsarikännit

I would love to do Bix, but it is always the last day of riding. Heaven would be if it was held on a Sunday.

Can I get a sweet corn report from the Iowans? Is it going to be an ok year?

I would love to do Bix, but it is always the last day of riding. Heaven would be if it was held on a Sunday.

Can I get a sweet corn report from the Iowans? Is it going to be an ok year?

long winter, i think its still too early for the local corn.

if they truck in some crap from the south, you can always slather it with plenty of butter and salt.

Prince of Fatness

Dude I'm having Jersey sweet corn this weekend.  Jersey sweet corn rules!

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

long winter, i think its still too early for the local corn.

if they truck in some crap from the south, you can always slather it with plenty of butter and salt.

I can't slather it with tons of butter and salt if it was from Iowa?  Yeah, I figured I was up a creek on the corn.  I was out by Galena last weekend and it was up to my knee.  Bad corn years makes my Iowa vegetarian diet go from sweet corn, pie and beer to just pie and beer.  (Hey Iowa...it is ok to eat some of that soy you are growing.)

Criminy.  Someone was telling me about New Jersey sweet corn last week.  I thought he was nuts.

dunno if youve ever tried it but you should see if you can get your hands on some edamame. its the early incarnation of soybeans and its pretty badass when you microwave it with a clove of garlic, especially when your drunk.

Kalsarikännit

dunno if youve ever tried it but you should see if you can get your hands on some edamame. its the early incarnation of soybeans and its pretty badass when you microwave it with a clove of garlic, especially when your drunk.

I love edamame.  I just had some tonight.  I've tried telling people in rural Iowa that you can eat salted soybeans.  They think I'm nuts. 

Hawt and sexy

I'm from IA, and I eat edamame. There, I said it. I wish I could get out there for RAGBRAI this year. I would bring my beer girl outfit. I would need to ride tandem tho...

I'm touching your pants.