Duel in the Sun (Read 870 times)

HermosaBoy

If you go through my clothes looking for loose change, I shall have to thrash you.

Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

Yes.  "Clinical death" is a precisely term that is not synonymous with the common usage of the term "death".  You can be clinically dead yet conscious for a brief period of time.  I don't think anyone would consider a conscious individual to be dead.

Ok, got it.  Thanks!

#artbydmcbride

I am reading a disturbing article in Discover about 'beating heart' organ donors.   Undecided 

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I am reading a disturbing article in Discover about 'beating heart' organ donors.   Undecided 

(tangent warning)

I've read a couple before that were pretty disturbing.  From a quick Google into the recent article you reference it sounds...well...worse.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Duel in the Sun ... reminds me of a running partner of mine who used to post a lot here - JimHowe.  He's 65 or so and he has his rivals from back in the day.  They race as hard and are as competitive with each other as ever but the times are not quite what they used to be.  He descirbes a recent tough, back and forth battle with one his rivals as his "Duel in the Shade".   

Kalsarikännit

I can't think of Duel in the Sun without thinking of the sheer volume of painkillers that Beardsley consumed.  It was enough to kill an elephant.  A mere mortal couldn't have handled that volume of those drugs.  I like Beardsley.  If you get a chance to see him speak at a race expo it is well worth it.  He's a funny guy.

Totally gratuitous Salazar photo.  He was/is a cool looking guy.

Image Detail

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Did he make his own singlet out of recycled 6-pack rings?  If so, awesome... as long as he cut it up after to save the baby seagulls. 

xor

I have a question! I have a question!

See that little logo in the upper corner of his six pack singlet???

We've all seen it before.  It is two women (who may or may not be naked) sitting back to back.

What the heck is that the logo of/for?  I see that thing all the time, especially in Europe, and I've never known.

Side note: I've never seen AS in a public speaking gig, but I've talked to him a few times.  Both he and DB... like a great many superstar runners... are super duper nice to converse with.

I think it is the logo of a soccer team.

MTA: Kappa

MTAA: Busted. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

Ah. So.  Thanks.

Googling "two naked chicks sitting back to back" was fun. And damned if I didn't get the same Kappa wiki page.

I'd always been scared to google that before.

Kalsarikännit

Googling "two naked chicks sitting back to back" was fun.

I'd always been scared to google that before.

You may want to avoid "front to front".

Or not.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I think it is the logo of a soccer team.

MTA: Kappa

MTAA: Busted. 

Great link.

1) Apprarently 1 side is a man.

2) Wiki links to "Mudflap Girl" as a similar iconic logo.

45 seconds well spent. 

I like Beardsley.  If you get a chance to see him speak at a race expo it is well worth it.  He's a funny guy.

I spent another 45 seconds on his Wiki page.

It said something like "holds world record for most consecutive PR's in marathon with 13".  Which doesn't sound that impressive until I saw his first was 2:47 and his second was 2:33.  Yeah... that might make it harder. 

xor

Mudflap girl > Yosemite Sam BACK OFF > truck nuts.

One of Kappa's sister brands is something called Jesus Jeans.  I wonder if Jesus was a button fly man.

Oh.  Check THIS out.  From Mudflap girl's wiki entry:

"As a parody, Wyoming Libraries use a mudflap girl holding a book, in an effort to attract readers."

I kid you not.

Own your own shirt or other geegaw with the Wyoming Libraries' version of mudflap girl.

#artbydmcbride

Image Detail

..... briefs under those shorts?

Runners run