Need advice on fluids (Read 1362 times)

I have a bit of a hard time getting the bottles out of the holder but I don't have any leakage problems.
    Sherry, have you been having any better luck with getting your bottles out? First day I used it, I about threw it in the dirt because I could not for my life get the things out easily. 2nd day, I realized the trick. If you just squeeze the top of the bottles near both sides of the clip a bit, they come right out. Now I love the thing!

Dog-Love

Sherry, have you been having any better luck with getting your bottles out? First day I used it, I about threw it in the dirt because I could not for my life get the things out easily. 2nd day, I realized the trick. If you just squeeze the top of the bottles near both sides of the clip a bit, they come right out. Now I love the thing!
      Haven't been back to this site for a while but now that I have I have taken some advice (duct tape...why didn't I think of that) and the bottle squeeze for easy access. THANKS. I am just about to start serious marathon training (like really adding time to the long runs) and water will come in handy. For our weather, the 2 bottles should do it.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just got my Amphipod Full-Tilt today. I also got 2 of the 10.5oz. add-on bottles and modules. I think this system is going to work VERY well for me. The belt is comfy, it fits very nicely into my lumbar area (helps that I have pretty severe sway-back goin' on), and the modules are easy to add or take off the belt. I'm really impressed with how flexible this system is. I think the biggest trick is going to be getting used to getting to the bottle on my back and clipping and unclipping the smaller bottles on the fly. But it's pretty straightforward, just will take practice. The whole thing seems so much less cumbersome than my Camelbak and it has a lot more storage space. I have my 20-20 belt on eBay if anyone is interested. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have my 20-20 belt on eBay if anyone is interested.
          I'm probably not going to buy it, but your 100% feedback rating is very impressive! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm probably not going to buy it, but your 100% feedback rating is very impressive! Big grin
            I'm a fair eBayer. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

clipping and unclipping the smaller bottles on the fly. k
              Don't forget to squeeze! Big grin
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget to squeeze! Big grin
                Squeeze the fly...? I think the guys would like that! Oh, wait...I thought I was in the 100 mile group... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Squeeze the fly...? I think the guys would like that! Oh, wait...I thought I was in the 100 mile group... Tongue k
                  I have no comment. Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just got my Amphipod Full-Tilt today. I also got 2 of the 10.5oz. add-on bottles and modules. I think this system is going to work VERY well for me.
                    Oh, and it DOES! I like this WAY better than my Camelbak. I put diluted Gatorade in the main bottle, then plain water in the 2 smaller ones. About a half mile in one of the small bottles fell off, but I think I just didn't have it clipped in securely. Once I got it back on it stayed on fine. The bottles are all really easy to remove and replace and I can get a LOT more fluids into my mouth faster, since the bottles can be sqeezed. Using the Camelbak could get tricky with breathing and sometimes I would end up with side aches trying to coordinate my breathing with drinking. And I LOVE that now I could have 3 different fluids on any given run. When I ran my 25k 3 weeks ago I found that by the last 4-5 miles I really didn't want my Gatorade mix (especially after a GU packet), so I had to hit a water stop for a cup of plain water. Now I can just cruise an entire race, which I like...my legs always seem to lock up VERY fast if I even slow to walk during a race. The belt itself fits about the same as my Camelbak...minimal bounce, especially since I tend to wear these pretty snug and high up, at my natural waist. The back part fits nicely in my sway-backed lumbar area. Nice to be able to stow my cell phone in the pack, too, rather than have it clipped to the belt. Still a TON of room for my inhaler and any little nutrition bars or things that I might want on a long run. k

~ Sarah Kay