Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Maggie & Molly

tuffonfeet - all I can say is WOW

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Feeling the growl again

I don't have any pics, though I think showing one from HS (180lbs) compared to now (150lbs and taller) would be entertaining. I just want to say to all you posting them -- AWESOME.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

skinnycaponesugar

Andrew and Cherrie - You both look great. Incredible even. Nice job. First 10k (2004) Photobucket First 1/2 Ironman (2008) Photobucket
        Shameless bump Blush Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

Cool thread! Here is my before. I was 258 pounds not long after this pic, mid-2008. Here I am at around 188, December 2008. That's 70 pounds lost to you and me, Russ. Edit: There we go.
          “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz
            Great job everyone ... Wanted to keep the thread alive Before - 225 lbs Sept 2007 , This picture is what go me going as thought I was just a little heavy but stillin decent shape ..... But like the say a picture says a 1000 words! After - 185 lbs Sept 2008 Running 1st Half Marathon -- Injured knee (torn Cartlidge) the following month running Marathon, but back at the training for May 2009 Marathon. Had got back to 195 - 200 over winter after injury but back below 185 and i think in better shape than this picture. Not too bad for 40 next month?? Heck I got carded yesterday.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Purdey

Self anointed title

This thread continues to inspire me. I now feel just about ready to post my "before and after" pics - coming soon.

Cool thread! Here is my before. I was 258 pounds not long after this pic, mid-2008. Here I am at around 188, December 2008. That's 70 pounds lost to you and me, Russ. Edit: There we go.
                Wow, man. Really inspiring. Congratulations.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Way to go!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Certifiably Insane

OK, I have two confessions. 1) To the guys, man, you've all worked hard getting to the shape you're in now, and recovering from setbacks. GREAT job! My hat goes off to you all! To the ladies, you all should be very proud of what you've made of yourself. Kudos to all of you! I'll get myself in trouble if I single anyone out, but I have to say there are a LOT of very attractive runners on here who look REALLY good! And 2) I can't add a thing to this thread except encouragement. If I posted before/after pictures, the only difference would be that now I'm a heck of a lot older! Big grin Keep it up, everyone!
                    On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

Certifiably Insane

At 32: At 60: Alex
                      Alex, those are pictures I could have taken! I was racing back then, too, and still look pretty close to how I used to, just like you. Keep it up, man! Smile
                      On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
                      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

. If I posted before/after pictures, the only difference would be that now I'm a heck of a lot older! Big grin Keep it up, everyone!
                        A lifetime of toeing the line is a HUGE accomplishment. We'd love to see some old pics alongside current ones. I love this thread.
                        DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Wow...this thread is fantabulous! Congrats to all of you! Maybe I'll get to post my pic's at some point...10 to go...I haven't lost a pound from running yet but I'm have'n a helluva good time try'n! haha!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow...this thread is fantabulous! Congrats to all of you! Maybe I'll get to post my pic's at some point...10 to go...I haven't lost a pound from running yet but I'm have'n a helluva good time try'n! haha!
                            Ha! Looking forward to hearing more... ...and LOVE THIS!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

2) I can't add a thing to this thread except encouragement. If I posted before/after pictures, the only difference would be that now I'm a heck of a lot older! Big grin Keep it up, everyone!
                              What he said. Big grin

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I wasn't going to do this yet but I've been inspired. After training for my first airline gig. Fat 1 After training for my first marathon 10% 1