Running Log Tip #1 - Intervals (Read 6186 times)

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

I don't find it confusing at all. There is the interval (the active part), and then there is the recovery jog, or else the rest part (walk or stand).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

fabnine

Thanks Eric, I also was keeping time splits the notes section, This is a much better way.

You explained it perfectly. I love the auto sum feature. It works great & I will use it.

edited twice ...because apparently I can't type

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I don't find it confusing at all. There is the interval (the active part), and then there is the recovery jog, or else the rest part (walk or stand).

Technically, the original definition of "interval" referred to the rest portion of the workout, not the running portion.  However, quickly after the term was introduced people used to to refer to the running portion, rather than the rest.  RA follows that vernacular, because otherwise it would confuse the hell out of everyone but the pedantic.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 06/19: Pelvic stress-fracture = 6-weeks of no running.

Bacon Party!

Technically, the original definition of "interval" referred to the rest portion of the workout, not the running portion.  However, quickly after the term was introduced people used to to refer to the running portion, rather than the rest.  RA follows that vernacular, because otherwise it would confuse the hell out of everyone but the pedantic.

Well that explains why I was confused.

Liz

pace sera, sera