Data import failure? (Read 181 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I keep getting this message:

Data import failure - do not reply
    Send:6/18/2015 3:42 PM
    To:bluerun

This message is auto generated. If you need assistance, please contact me using the feedback form.

An unknown error has occurred while importing your data file.

...but the data seems to be importing just fine for me.  (What's not working is the feedback form.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

eric :)

hi bluerun,

Are you still getting these messages?

eric Smile

bluerun

Super B****

I haven't gotten one yet today -- it usually takes a few hours, but so far so good.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Looks like they're back.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I'm getting these again -- multiple times a day, almost hourly.  I don't even have that many activities to upload!

chasing the impossible

I started getting these messages since Saturday.  A bit annoying.

JoeO

I get these from multisport files.  Did a triathlon yesterday and get this from it both from Garmin Connect and when I tried to upload it directly.  Seems RA can't handle them yet.

Wish I could figure out a way to import the individual parts.  I'm hoping there's a way to export from Garmin Connect

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I got three of these messages today, one for each of the workouts I saved on my vivofit, which automatically get saved to Garmin Connect. I guess the software here that takes the GC data doesn't know how to deal with anything other than run or bike data. I did the elliptical, a strength workout and the rowing machine (I'm injured and can't run, can you tell??). I suppose I'll have to do my old workaround, and export the GC data to a TCX file, and then manually upload that to RA. Oy, lots of letters here!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I get these from multisport files.  Did a triathlon yesterday and get this from it both from Garmin Connect and when I tried to upload it directly.  Seems RA can't handle them yet.

Wish I could figure out a way to import the individual parts.  I'm hoping there's a way to export from Garmin Connect

Here's the workaround that I've done, before RA took the GC data automatically. This needs to be done on a real computer, btw, and not a mobile device. Go to your Garmin Connect activity and click the little gear wheel in the right top corner. Then select Export to TCX. That will create a file in your Downloads folder, that you now have to manually upload into Running Ahead. Piece of cake!

kcam

No way am I going back to that again after having experienced the Holy Grail of GC data being pushed automatically to RA.

I've had a couple instances of what previous posters describe.  Most recently, a couple days ago after a one week vacation where I had about 6 activities (all of them 'runs' by the way) queue'd to be uploaded to GC.  I got 6 of the Data Import Fail messages and nothing in my import list.  I went ahead and manually entered the data into my log.  Over the next couple days all 6 of the activities dribbled into my import list.  Weird.  It happens rarely enough for it not to be an issue for me.  Hope it doesn't get worse.

I got this message today for the first time.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

OrangeMat

MM #6177

OK, so now I'm getting these messages all the time now, one for every workout that I save from my Vivofit into Garmin Connect. What's worse is that I have workouts in my training plan calendar that these Vivofit uploads correspond to (elliptical and rowing), but I can't get them to fill the "planned workout" when I go to save them. So I still have to enter them manually. Grr.... not the worst thing in the world, but considering I can't run right now to begin with (SF), the least I should be able to do is make the data geek in me happy by uploading into the RA calendar!

delicate flower

I've been getting these on occasion and it really doesn't bother me except for the fact that it appears as a new message in my in-box and then I think someone sent me a message and I get all excited and feel special and then it turns out to be that auto-generated error and then I am sad.

<3

delicate flower

FYI I have gotten three of these messages in the past 24 hours.

<3

delicate flower

<3