Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Wow!  Just fantastic!

steph  

robinde

Wow...Great job Robin. The sense of accomplishment feels great, don't it? Well done.

It really is.  Thank you.  My friend is trying to talk me into doing a tough mudder this summer.  I'd love to try, but I have no upper body strength.  Yet Wink

Better I Leave

It really is.  Thank you.  My friend is trying to talk me into doing a tough mudder this summer.  I'd love to try, but I have no upper body strength.  Yet Wink

**Dave clicks the "Like" button** Smile

Better watch out Robin...They're habit forming. You're doing a great job and you WILL get there. Smile

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Congratulations! Such an inspiration! I hope we see you around here frequently. Smile

I'm new here, but thought I'd share what led me here.  The before picture is me on Jan. 7, 2012 at 258lbs.  The after is me on Jan. 3 at 155lbs.  I still have about 10lbs more to go.  I've been using running and strength training as my exercise of choice.  I've done a couple of 5Ks and I'm working toward a half marathon for this April.  You'll see me around the forums looking for encouragement and advice.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Ojo

Robin . . . you are truly an inspiration to us all!  You look awesome!

Sara

MM #2929

an amazing likeness

I'm new here, but thought I'd share what led me here.  The before picture is me on Jan. 7, 2012 at 258lbs.  The after is me on Jan. 3 at 155lbs.  I still have about 10lbs more to go.  I've been using running and strength training as my exercise of choice.  I've done a couple of 5Ks and I'm working toward a half marathon for this April.  You'll see me around the forums looking for encouragement and advice.

Absolutely, spectacular and so very, very impressive. What an accomplishment!

If want company in that half marathon...let me know -- I'll come run with you just to hear your story in person . Wow, wow, wow.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Turbolegs

If want company in that half marathon...let me know -- I'll come run with you just to hear your story in person . Wow, wow, wow.

Absolutely endorse the above !! You should be so very proud of yourself !

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

tomatolover

Robin, you lost 10 years from your face in that year!  You look like the 2012 you's baby sister!

what she said!! You look AMAZING!!!.

You all do!!! I showed my 70 year old mom this thread and her immediate reaction was: dang, I need to start running!

Congrats to all you then and wow's out there!!

robinde

I would love company.  We'll have to talk after the run though.  I don't know if I could talk during Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding job Robin!!! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You are all simply amazing!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Great job Robin. You will rock the half. Remember to have fun and enjoy it. You look forward to hearing all about it.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Mostly harmless

I was pointed to this thread from the B&B group.  The one on the left is from my first HM in 2010 and the one on the right is from the same race three years later.  I dropped 30 pounds ( and about 40 minutes) between the two.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Feeling the growl again

I was pointed to this thread from the B&B group.  The one on the left is from my first HM in 2010 and the one on the right is from the same race three years later.  I dropped 30 pounds ( and about 40 minutes) between the two.

This thread continues to deliver.  Good work.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Always happy when this thread gets an update.  Nice job Scott (or NotScott?).

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR