Google Reader replacement (Read 104 times)

Hey everyone. Google Reader vanishes in 3 days and I still haven't found a convincing replacement. Has anyone here found a reader they like and can recommend? I've read that feedly is a good option but every time I try it, I get the message that it's overloaded (or something....)

I switched to feedly and I like it.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I switched to feedly and think its fine, if you do it before google reader shuts down you can do a pretty slick and seamless auto-import of your feeds.

I've never had the overloaded message or any issues with it at all.

mikeymike

Another satisfied feedly user.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DH switched to Feedly, as well, and really likes it...so I need to make the switch, too...though I haven't managed to really keep up with any blogs in months.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another happy feedly user here. the recent release of the web based version was the missing piece that means I can access it from work.

Wing

Joggaholic

Feedly is not developed by Google, is it? But yet it use google login? I'm wondering if this means it's a 3rd party app that will have access to my google login credential (email and password)? Just want to make sure I know what I'm signing up for...

Not developed by Google, It uses the google login much like "sign in with facebook" that you see all over the place.  When you do sign it is obviously requesting certain info from your google profile including your google reader feeds, history etc...

Feedly is not developed by Google, is it? But yet it use google login? I'm wondering if this means it's a 3rd party app that will have access to my google login credential (email and password)? Just want to make sure I know what I'm signing up for...

tbh this is my question as well...but maybe there is some other way to import the data?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And good old USA Today provides suggestions.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've only been using Feedly for a couple of days, but I IMMEDIATELY like it better than Google Reader.  Way nicer to navigate, especially with several layout options.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

perryw

I got an invite to the new digg.com reader. They were going for a Google Reader clone and have gotten pretty dang close for being a "beta" product. I'll switch between it and feedly to see which I prefer.