Just started Running Again..... (Read 183 times)

KYRunner859

Slow Runner

Hello Running Community, im new to the distance style running but getting use to it. I just ran my very 1st 5k Yesterday and i ran a 3K last weekend. Just want to see how i did, im 30 years old and my 5K time was 25.19 which in this particular event i was 3rd in my age group out of 63 and 16th of 352 in the division. My 3k time was 15.31 i believe and didnt place in this one but was fun. So i won $100 threw a blind runner bib draw and bought some new running shoes, i bought Saucony Ride 7s, any opinions on those??

Thanks in Advance and Glad to be part of this forum.

NEW TO RUNNING DISTANCE, BUT ENJOYING IT!!!

3K PR - 15.53

5K PR - 25.19

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Congrats on starting running.  It looks like your local field is relatively small, which could provide plenty of incentive for you down the road.

25mins in the 30-39 groups is relatively unremarkable.  It mostly means no real runners showed up.  That being said, 18mins, which on this forum would be admirable, is only a "show" finish if talented people (aka Kenyans) don't show up.  Everything in context.

Still, keep plugging.  Nobody here is fast compared to Olympians.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

KYRunner859

Slow Runner

Well Majority of the FAST runners ran the 10miler instead of the 5K so thats why it was a small field......but seemed pretty good for me being first long distance run EVER.....and i dont run everyday or every week for that matter but now i will start being more serious about competing and getting faster. And our age range is 30-34 so thats another reason its not very big field.

NEW TO RUNNING DISTANCE, BUT ENJOYING IT!!!

3K PR - 15.53

5K PR - 25.19

Listen K.Y, you did great on that run. Some people like to rain others parade for posting about race times that aren't crazy fast. < 30 min. is fine, and you won a hundred bucks too. I can't comment on the kicks, i'm an Asics man.

Hip Redux

Well Majority of the FAST runners ran the 10miler instead of the 5K so thats why it was a small field......but seemed pretty good for me being first long distance run EVER.....and i dont run everyday or every week for that matter but now i will start being more serious about competing and getting faster. And our age range is 30-34 so thats another reason its not very big field.

Hey, my first 5k in that age bracket was 34 minutes.  So, you kicked my ass!   Smile