Coach (Read 812 times)

Looking for a coach, anyone want to take the plunge?
      Looking for a coach, anyone want to take the plunge?
      I wonder if people could make a group and look at each others' progress.??

Now that was a bath...

Maybe you can smile nicely at mikeymike - he's got some great online coaching tips! As has Scout, Jeff, Jake Knight, Trent and many others too. Hey, we could have a board where some of the more knowledgable runners could coach us newbies using their own methods and we could compare results. I want an online coach too but I need to recovery from this injury and build a bit of a base first. Actually I bag the Mikester so ignore my initial comment. I couldn't cope with JK - he would make me walk/run or something (which I probably need) Wink Trent would confuse me with talk of medicine, monkies, trails and beer. Scout and I are probably related. And it would be illegal for me to be coached by Jeff as I am strangely attracted to his avatar. Who is gong to tell them all that they need to start a coaching board? Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        Scout7

DJ, what are you looking for, specifically? And, Claire, being related to you I find oddly complimentary. Is it bad to find a relative hot?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And, Claire, being related to you I find oddly complimentary. Is it bad to find a relative hot?
            PA does border with KY...right? Hmmm.... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

PA does border with KY...right? Hmmm.... Tongue k
              No, West Virginia. Even better......

Why is it sideways?

Coaching advice online is usually worth about what you pay for it, but it would be interesting to run an experiment--a few experienced runners with too much time on their hands could adopt a a few runners with little shame and coach them in an open forum so folks could follow the improvement (or lack thereof) involved with a particular approach. All we need are a couple of guinea pigs and guinea pig testers...if nothing else, it would be interesting to compare and comment on weekly schedules. Volunteers?
                Scout7

Coaching advice online is usually worth about what you pay for it, but it would be interesting to run an experiment--a few experienced runners with too much time on their hands could adopt a a few runners with little shame and coach them in an open forum so folks could follow the improvement (or lack thereof) involved with a particular approach. All we need are a couple of guinea pigs and guinea pig testers...if nothing else, it would be interesting to compare and comment on weekly schedules. Volunteers?
                  Isn't that like what we do now? But I certainly agree with you, Jeff. Maybe like a mentoring program. Totally voluntary, take the advice or not. I can see the debates now...... How's your training, btw? And how was your camping trip or whatever?

Why is it sideways?

It's what we do now, but we could (maybe) get a little more formal and organized about it--instead of giving general tips, actually organize a willing victim or two's training week by week, according to his or her goals and fitness level... The trip was great. Just posted a brief summary in 2000 mile club. Managed to get in 80 miles + skiing and generally romping around with good friend all at 5000+ feet. I'm exhausted now, due for a down week, but feeling confident about getting close to 100 miles next week... Maybe?
                    Scout7

Maybe we could start a group. I know that I would be interested in helping out and learning from everyone. Actually, I had started a thread mentioning that I was interested in becoming a coach of some sort last week, so all of this is rather timely.

Now that was a bath...

That forums already got my name on it. Count me in as soon as I am back to running properly. Scout - behave. But not too much Wink Claire xxx
                        Scout7

That forums already got my name on it. Count me in as soon as I am back to running properly. Scout - behave. But not too much Wink Claire xxx
                          Hey, you know me. I'm mostly harmless, sis.

Now that was a bath...

Probably true Scouty boy, but seriously, if we keep this up the 'Get a room' comments will start to fly. Runners run and benchers flirt. At least that's my line and I'm sticking to it. I clearly need to step up the miles. Coach. Mikester. Where are you? Save me from myself, the bench and my online incestuous brother.
                            Scout7

All kidding aside, if there is interest, I'd say we start a group for now, make it public, and if we see some growth, we can look into a specific forum or something.
                              Scout7

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/RACF Alright, there's the group.