How about logging your whole life? (Read 389 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think it's intriguing.

I find it curiously intriguing too, but I don't know why.  I suppose if I were a stalker, I could ask my stalkee to wear the thing, but s/he probably wouldn't agree to it.

#artbydmcbride

I would put it on my cat to see what she does all night......in the day it would be mostly the same shot as she napped

Runners run

JimR

Don't spy satellites already do this?

I would put it on my cat to see what she does all night......

Don't spy satellites already do this?

don't you mean spy catellites?

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would put it on my cat to see what she does all night......in the day it would be mostly the same shot as she napped

Ooh, there is a camera of some sort that has been used on pets.  I saw a website a couple of years ago someone did of photos shot by their cat and it was really cool.  Lots of stuff at cat neck-level that we don't notice.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

don't you mean spy catellites?

*snerk*

~ Sarah Kay

joescott

There are probably people buying them for their babies, planning a birth-to-grave thing.

Like in The Final Cut.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Regardless, there's still the whole dork-wearing-a-camera-on-his-shirt thing.

Oh, I think we're past that point already.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I think we're past that point already.

Touché.

~ Sarah Kay

Well, it's not an issue until you release some of the photos; they're for your eyes only until you do. Interesting that it comes from Sweden, and Europeans are purportedly much more concerned with privacy than Americans.

So, what's the point of doing it if nobody sees it?  If a tree falls in the forest...  If you live a life and nobody sees it...

There are probably people buying them for their babies, planning a birth-to-grave thing.

And even then, not likely an issue.  You need a model release if you sell the photos for commercial purposes, but you could still even sell them as artwork without needing a release.  I do a bit of street photography so I've looked into it.  There is a murky gray area around the issue, but this seems to be the general understanding.

The idea of hanging out with someone else wearing a constantly photographing sneaky camera around their neck kind of freaks me out.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The idea of hanging out with someone else wearing a constantly photographing sneaky camera around their neck kind of freaks me out.

They should be required to display a prominent sign stating that everything they see is being recorded.  Would it make them a pariah?

running metalhead

On a legal note, what about model releases?  Some folks wouldn't be at all happy to find out that they'd been photographed surreptitiously and had images of themselves published...especially if it involves kids.  I'm thinking some ugly battles could ensue.

US law considers that people and stuff in public spaces are not protected by law. There is an opt-out option but it's "bona fide"l meanign that if you ask the photographer kindly he may agree to reme your photo... But he/she is not legally obligued, mind you.

Note that I am talking about private photographers, not comapnies. In any way the rule is: if it's on the street it's fair game.

The laws here in Europe are pretty much the same.

I am well informed about that stuff becuase I am a photographer and there has been some concern about public employess bullying people for taking pictures.  I myself was involved in one trying to make a picture of a friend of mine (!) in a public transport here in Amsterdam, the ticket lady thought that she was some sort of hollywood superstar or something and started reciting some made up fantasy "laws In broken English... Which is reidiculous because the subject wasn't her and because the public tansports all have CCTV cameras.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                          - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                          - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                          - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                          - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                          - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Jocrowe91

I'm sure the NSA is in cahoots with this.

BeeRunB

http://memoto.com/

Takes a photo every 30 seconds; all photos and gps coordinates are uploaded to the cloud.

Don't need that contraption. Not when my whole life is etched into my face. I just need to look in the mirror, point at a crevasse and go "that's when I found out there was no Santa Claus and that Dad had been eating the brownies and drinking the cocoa al along", "that's when the ball went through Buckner's legs",  "that's when Hostess went into bankruptcy", "that's when I discovered other men don't wear Porky Pig boxer shorts", "that's when I found out Whitney Houston lip-synched to a polished studio production of the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl", "that's when I first saw a member of the uncircumcised and a member of the post-puberty gang at the same time in a middle school shower after gym class", "that's when I found out the brown, almond shaped-eyed Paul McCartney was killed in a car crash and was replaced by the longer-faced, blue and round-eyed 'Faul' in late 1966. Just so they could keep selling records."  I could go on and on. It's all there.