Are you a "dog" (social) or "cat" (I run by myself) runner? (Read 313 times)

Total meow (even as I sit here with my hypersocial avi cat). Mostly because I'm too self conscious about how slow I am!

I dislike cats.They're relatively indoor creatures. I run alone outdoors, but will not vote as cat. I'll pet friendly dogs and an occasional dog will run with me.

I'd rather run like a cat.

And socially like a lion.

I'll see your bark and raise you ROAR!

I love my RP (we run together 3x/week) and I will occasionally run with others but eventually the others turn into those annoying yippie dogs. I can only put up with them for so long.

Cat.

mta: okay, I do woof occasionally.

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

I dislike cats.They're relatively indoor creatures. I run alone outdoors, but will not vote as cat. I'll pet friendly dogs and an occasional dog will run with me.

Not if given a choice.

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

I said more meow than bark because I run with a group usually 2/5 runs but really run more like 100% meow because my group members insist on talking and running which is a skill I can't seem to master. I usually end up running by myself either at the back or in the middle between two larger groups. Love the camaraderie of being with other runners because we're such a great bunch.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I'm with AKtrail.  I run alone most of the time but refuse under any circumstances to vote 'cat'.  Woof.

substance misusing marsupial.

I bought my nephew an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks". I said, "Don't mention it".

Flightless bird.

Cue Bo Diddly: I'm a Road Runner Honey/ And you can't get next to me.

BEEP BEEP!

Madison Marathon 11/10/2013  5:05:50
                    http://domgslis.blogspot.com/

http://www.pbase.com/donmacgregorphoto/profile

I'd rather run like a cat.

And socially like a lion.

I'll see your bark and raise you ROAR!

The option given was "meow" not "roar". I quietly run my trails alone. Smile

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Cheap and Evil Girl

Another cat runner here.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.  

"Mental toughness is built by doing something that is hard over and over again, especially when you don't feel like doing it. Our society has conditioned us to believe that there should be no discomfort, to stop when we are uncomfortable. But the discomfort we feel when we're doing a challenging workout is an important part of the strengthening process." -Jim Afremow, The Champion's Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive

Hungry

I woof and meow equally.

catdog

NikoRosa, your dog looks a little sad about that. SubDood, your dog looks like a comedian. AKTrail, touché.

I woof and meow equally.

catdog

Love this picture. Thanks for posting!

Running Goals ...

"But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."  Robert Frost

Interesting that thus far most votes are for solo running.  I guess the misleading thing, as pointed out earlier is that some of this result might be out of necessity than preference.  Trying to fit running around work/school/family *and* being able to hook up with groups consistently can be difficult to schedule for many people.

Running Goals ...

"But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."  Robert Frost