Pace Bunny Values off ? (Read 440 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Eric, It appears that the values for the pace bunnies in the various mileage groups are low, and appear to be re-calculating several times a day. I checked this morning in one of the groups, and I needed about 5 miles to catch the bunny. When I logged my run later, I needed about 9 miles instead of about 5. I don't remember this happening in the previous log. Then again, I wasn't close enough to it most of the year to pay that much close attention. For example, right now the 1000 mile club bunny is at 7 miles, but after 3 days shouldn't he be at 8.2 miles?
    eric :)

Hi mgerwn, The value is correct. Today is the 3rd day of the year. However, if you convert it to fractional days, you'll get 2.x, where x is (number of minutes since midnight) / (24 hrs * 60 min/hr). By midnight tonight, it'll be 3 full days and the bunny will be at 8 miles. The bunny is always on the move and will display the exact distance needed to keep pace at that moment in time.
        The pace bunny hops along every hour of every day. The bunny never stops so his distance updates throughout the day. If you let him, he'll haunt you in your sleep and rumor has it the bunny has his own message board where he makes fun of us for taking breaks but I've yet to confirm that.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

OK, thanks - guess I just didn't notice the incremental changes last year. And if I run enough and stay far ahead of him this year, I won't be worried about it in '09 either!
          Dunottar

The pace bunny needs to chill a bit....it's waaaay too type A.. Can't it stop and munch on a carrot every now and then? When does it do.......you know, what rabbits are supposed to do? Think I'll write up a feature suggestion about this.
            eric :)

The pace bunny needs to chill a bit....it's waaaay too type A.. Can't it stop and munch on a carrot every now and then? When does it do.......you know, what rabbits are supposed to do? Think I'll write up a feature suggestion about this.
              It learned its lesson from the tortoise and hare era.