Kinetic Race (Read 403 times)

www.kineticbaltimore.com Kinetic Sculptures are amphibious, human powered works of art custom built for the race. Each May, the American Visionary Art Museum (AVAM) hosts the East Coast Kinetic Sculpture Race Championship on the shore of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The eight-hour race covers 15 miles--mostly on pavement, but also including a trip into the Chesapeake Bay and through mud and sand. How neat is this? I was I was an engineer geek! Big grin Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    2009: BQ?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Reminds me of pinewood derbies. But MUCH cooler.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Those are awesome. And I think Trent is bored, again... Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was running yesterday and saw some of these kinetic sculptures in a big warehouse near the American Visionary Arts Museum (awesome museum ... if you ever find yourself in charm city, stop by it) ... anyhow, I wandered in and looked around .. nothing like seeing that giant pink poodle - Fifi - up close!
          2009: BQ?
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am no longer bored, with those pics!!!
              VERY COOL. If my dd ever saw that poodle she would want it!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson