25,000 miles later (Read 876 times)

e454545rt

That's a LONG way. Good job man!

You've got more miles than I have people in my town + surrounding area.  You've run the equivalent of the Appalachian trail distance around eleven times.

Damn, man.

Damn.

Maybe the best part (to me) is that it took you ~120 miles to notice the milestone--you run for the run, not the numbers.  That's inspiring.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Remember--there are lots of finish lines. Boatloads of them, really.

Mike.

I love that!

Bill Wagnon / stl

L Train

You and the thirsty Thursday crew should run 25k on the track tonight, then have 25 beers.   

You should get a Sweet Jacket for running around the world.

Or a 25 K sticker.

Awesome Mikey, you are one of the folks who has taught me a lot about running. You can say in 3 words what most need 3 paragraphs for.

Awesome Mikey, you are one of the folks who has taught me a lot about running. You can be as obnoxious in 3 words as others can be in 3 paragraphs.

FIFY.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow.  You are an inspiration.

BTW, your "slump" would be my awesome month.

Turbolegs

Nicely done on the 25k !! Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

mikeymike

Really inspiring! As a relatively new runner (3 years) I love to see this stuff.  Although I mostly lurk on here, I lurk very actively, every day. So even though you don't know me, I feel like I know all of the regulars on here and you folks have given me a ton of help in so many ways! Keep it going! I'm sure there are many, many more like me that get their healthy dose of motivation here.

Hey thanks.  By the way, it's not just non-runners--most runners probably think this a bit crazy too:

COOL, but crazy.

Runners run

Way to work!! Great stuff

A Saucy Wench

idiot

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The King of Beasts

Good running Mike.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

#artbydmcbride

Excellent!   I hope to run like my hair is on fire in your honor.  Big grin

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey thanks.  By the way, it's not just non-runners--most runners probably think this a bit crazy too:

COOL, but crazy.

Now I don't feel so bad.... Tongue  At my rate it's going to take me about 25 years to go as far as you have in 10...sheesh.  Can I count bike miles, too?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

COOL, but crazy.

That lineup is boring not crazy.