How much exercise is 3 hrs of dancing? (Read 1463 times)

Beware, batbear...

I went to a fantastic concert last night! If you like electronic music go to www.prettylights.com. All of their music is free. I danced pretty much non-stop from 11:00 pm til 2:00 AM. I'm wondering how much exercise that is exactly. I would say I danced at anywhere between 60-90% of my max HR the entire time. Interesting side note, my ankle, which was sore before I left, feels pretty good now... Go figure.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Half Fanatic #846

Sorry - I don't have any idea, but it's an interesting question. Go to FitDay.com, Weight Watchers, or a health/nutritional website and many of them will list calories expended for various activities, including dancing (I think) - Good luck!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Wingz

Professional Noob

Was there any beer or other calorie-containing beverage associated with said event? If so, you can probably just call it a wash and just have fun remembering what a great time you had. Wink Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Menace to Sobriety

I'm going with WIngz here. The amount of alcohol that it would take to get me to dance for 3 hours would more than offset any calories I could have possibly burned. YMMV.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Beware, batbear...

I actually had no alcohol. I was there with my teenage stepdaughter and her friend.

I would say it's roughly 3 hours of dancing worth of exercise. mta: hours, horus.

Runners run

Beware, batbear...

Wingz

Professional Noob

"modified to add" (or in this case, correct)

Roads were made for journeys...

Purdey

Self anointed title

I would say I danced at anywhere between 60-90% of my max HR the entire time.
                    Wow - that is some crazy dancing. 90% max HR. Whirling dervish? I would have paid good money to see you.

I get gone and soaked when I dance to electronic music. Surprised

Vim

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I would say it's roughly 3 hours of dancing worth of exercise. mta: hours, horus.
                        Be more helpful. Look, figure out how many calories you burn in an hour of such dancing, then multiply it by three. That will give you a good approximation.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Be more helpful. Look, figure out how many calories you burn in an hour of such dancing, then multiply it by three. That will give you a good approximation.
                          Smile yes, but. Your answer sounds somewhat like that Steve Martin bit that starts "I can teach you how to get a million dollars and never pay taxes. First, get a million dollars.... " Seems to me like Smack either meant one of two things: 1. How many calories did I burn? (in which case your answer is Steve Martin-y). The real answer is perhaps googlable, although I dunno if "dancing" is something that can be measured. And would need subcategories to differentiate between shakyshaky and 8th grade boy shuffle and Holdmeclose. OR 2. How much running is the equivalent of 3 hours of dancing? He didn't say this, so it's a stretch... but as this is a running message board and "how many miles does X count for" is a common question, it seems possible. And that's where mikey was headed. It counts for 3 hours of dancing (see #1 for a number) and 0 miles of running.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My answer was worthless, no question. For real calorie information, perhaps: http://tinyurl.com/d5n9ps

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.