Nike Free 7.0 Mileage (Read 1246 times)

JDehlinger

I understand that most running shoes should have a 400-500 mile life before they should be changed to prevent injury because of sole degradation. But, how many miles can be put on Nike Free shoes since they purposely have very little support and cushioning? I would guess that, since there is no degradation in the cushioning/sole/support to speak of, they could be used as long as they hold up, but I have never seen anyone address this. Thanks!
    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I thought it was normally less than 500 miles on regular running shoes, but not sure. Interesting question - I wonder how the Frees would hold up.

TRUST THE PROCESS

I'd love to know as well as I'm using them!
        bjoiner

I had a pair. They wore out (heal ripped away from the upper on both feet) before I reached 300. (Go Nike Quality!) But seriously, sometime just before they broke, I could start to feel some pain in my knees. Although they try to mimic barefoot running, they do have a little bit of cushioning to them and once that wears out you might consider replacing them or at least back off on the number of miles you put on them 'til your feet get used to running with even less support.

The Greatest of All Time

I think you would be lucky to get 250 out of those puppies.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
            gregw

I'm dredging up this old thread, because I just added it up and I've put 1049 miles on my Nike Free 5.0 v2s. I had a pair of v1s that ripped after 300 miles, but I don't have any problem with the upper on these and I'm wondering if there's any midsole to go bad. To me, the shoes feel like they did when I bought them. Here's the question: Other than the heel wearing, the upper ripping/tearing, and the shoes getting smelly, is there anything to go bad with these shoes?