RA Logo contest (Read 6946 times)

I have to cast a vote for the merging arrows: I like how it captures the cycle of train, analyze, improve. I really like the color and graphic quality of Jersey Devil's design. But I also have to admit I would be sort of bummed to have a logo that had a picture of a man finishing a race. (I also like the one-way sign)
    I certainly understand your comment about the graphic. I kinda like the layout of the text in the logo and feel that any iconic running image in the middle of the design would work: a running shoe, two or more people running together, etc... The more abstract the look, the better. I think any of the designs that have been submitted thus far would look fantastic on a shirt!
    obiebyke

^ ^ ^ I agree, JerseyDevil. I think yours stays true to Eric's original design and is immediately identifiable to the folks who use this site. And I like the runner with the meaningful race bib number. Maybe just find a more abstract, genderless runner graphic? Then I would be 100% on board instead of only 90%. Smile

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

^ ^ ^ I agree, JerseyDevil. I think yours stays true to Eric's original design and is immediately identifiable to the folks who use this site. And I like the runner with the meaningful race bib number. Maybe just find a more abstract, genderless runner graphic? Then I would be 100% on board instead of only 90%. Smile
        Ditto. I also had a little bit of a "why's the runner gotta be a dude" thing going on in my head, but then thought maybe I was just reading too much into it. Glad to see I wasn't alone. Otherwise I love that design.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This is a logo design contest that means that the logo should be different not just adding images to the existing logo. From a design standpoint some of the logos submitted would not look well at the top of this page or on a t-shirt or other apparel. The logo now is alright, its simple and not over done with graphics. Its not what is in the logo but how the logo is applied. Take a look at all running shoe logos for example Brooks and Asics. The design does not include a imagery by simply being associated with running it is recognizable. I think all of us even myself should try designing something new and different for this contest and break away from the current logo.
            Please forgive how rough these are. I'm not a "computer person" and don't really know how what the heck I'm doing, but this is what I was tinkering around with .... Big grin Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Joni, I like those...they're clean...have the sort of "universal" runner sign symbol, but still work with Eric's logo and color scheme. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Ok know this one is my favorite.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

Here's another one! Smile MTA: Hmm. It's sorta blurry when I post it on here, but it's crystal clear in original form. Photobucket
                  Eternal Rookie

I really like what I see, but I went the other way. Something simple. Just a logo. Something that one day will replace the peace sign as the most recognized symbol in the world. Okay, that may be pushing it, but like Nike’s swoosh I was trying to come up with something that would be highly identifiable with Running Ahead. I tried to show a simple progression of combining the R and the A and where one might take it from there. I had to go old school. I could never manipulate the software to get what I wanted. Here’s a progression from one concept. If anyone likes any of them and has designs skills; please play with them.

thumbs up!

Here are my shots at the logo: I kept with Eric's color palette, but any colors could be changed. This one is symbolic of the journey we are all on, plus the road being where most of us do our training.

the following two are versions using an "R" and "A" combination

I saved them kind of small, hope you can all read. Interested in your feedback. Off on a run!
                      2010 Goals
                      1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                      2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                      3. sub 30 min 5k
                      4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here are my shots at the logo: I kept with Eric's color palette, but any colors could be changed. This one is symbolic of the journey we are all on, plus the road being where most of us do our training.

Ooh, I think this one is my favorite, yet! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Love this one, too. Though the journey a lot of us are on would involve a road that loops back on itself many times, wanders off to the middle of nowhere, and goes off a cliff. Might be hard to fit all that on the logo, though. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lazy idiot

Ooh, I think this one is my favorite, yet! Big grin
                            Was thinking the same thing.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Though the journey a lot of us are on would involve a road that loops back on itself many times, wanders off to the middle of nowhere, and goes off a cliff.
                              Thank goodness for Garmin--at least you can easily map that stuff! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Life is Good

wow I haven't been on here in a few days..everyone has some really cool designs for the logo..but I like the arrow made too look like a hilly road submitted by penny_A. It will be a hard choice..good luck eric! Big grin Big grin

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between