New PB - 1km - (Read 1833 times)

keeponrunning

Here is the results from our local midget (gr9) girls race.  This is the LOWEST level of competition these students will compete in, and most (or all) of them will not train outside school.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxucGNjcm9zc2NvdW50cnl8Z3g6NWVmYmEzYzc3MTE1YWUxZA

Please notice:  girl who won ran 3k in 11:49, or a 3:57 pace.  Like I said, little or no summer training, and only about 6 weeks of school training.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Tricky Dick's drivel often leads to intelligent and informative discussions (not by him of course).  This dude's posts just lead to spelling corrections.

Did you just reference Smegma?

If anyone has run in Montrail Sabino and/or NB MT10, please let me know.

I'll also throw the Montrail Masochist into that mix. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'll also throw the Montrail Masochist into that mix. 

I've run in the Masochist...

What are your impressions?

What are your impressions?

I wasn't terribly impressed with them.  Toe box was a bit on the small side and I seemed to blow out the midsole cushioning relatively fast.  I was only getting a couple hundred miles per pair out of them.  Tread was fine for dry trails, but wasn't very good in snow or mud.  Overall, one of my least favorite shoes of the last 3-4 years.

Thanks, Chris.  Very helpful, especially with respect to the toe box. Gonna find the Sabino and give it a whirl.

I have heard nothing but good things about the MT10. I don't like the price though.

I seemed to blow out the midsole

I've done this but it had nothnig to do with a shoe

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Chris UK

It's a rare thread indeed when a lion on stilts makes the most sense.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

I've done this but it had nothnig to do with a shoe

Are you getting enough protein?

Troy.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

xhristopher

Wow. I didn't even know RB still existed. Good to know they're still adept at shoe-horning a 2 minute video into 5 and a half minutes.

Still there. Perhaps you just stopped noticing it existed when Amanda Congdon left.

xor

Junior mentioned that this dude does not appear to be AARP-age.  Which is true.

He also doesn't look quite...well... right.  The fivehead is ok, but other stuff is just off.