Breathing while running (Read 231 times)

Joann Y

hey, woah.  Suzzy Favor didn't even charge that much.

Hey, you get what you pay for.

Feeling the growl again

Any advice will be appreciated.

Read the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up for your account here and take your advertising elsewhere.

You're welcome.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

#artbydmcbride

Hey, any of you with an extra $4000 weighing you down, I will be happy to help you out. It will only take 5 minutes, and it's practically painless!

Will I run faster afterwards?

Runners run

Joann Y

Will I run faster afterwards?

80% chance.

#artbydmcbride

this seems totes legit...... hmmmmmmmmm

Runners run

Birdwell

this seems totes legit...... hmmmmmmmmm

I offer nearly the same service, but for only $3,995.

#artbydmcbride

Nearly?  

Runners run

Birdwell

Nearly?  

I only give a 75% chance you'll run faster.

But 50% of your money is fully refundable if you don't see a 10% decrease in race times within the first half of the recovery period.

Latent Runner

I can only speak for myself, but when I run, I breath through my mouth not my nose.  Should I be breathing through my nose?  Anyone?

Probably best if you inhaled and exhaled through both.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                    • 2-mile: 13:49
                    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                    • 5-Mile: 37:24
                    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Mmmmm...beer

I agree that the OP needs to take his advertising elsewhere.

But while we're on the subject.  Part of what started me on my weight loss/fitness journey was having my tonsils/adenoids removed (and the subsequent 19lbs I lost during recovery, that motivated me to keep going).  I had them removed because my adenoids were blocking the drainage from my ears and I was getting recurring ear infections.  A very nice side affect was that it completely cured my snoring and improved my breathing drastically.  I was never officially diagnosed with sleep apnea, but my wife said that I routinely stopped breathing in my sleep.  My sleep and energy improved almost instantly, instead of waking up tired, I was waking up refreshed.  I'm not saying everyone would see the same benefits, since my tonsils and adenoids were quite oversized.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Latent Runner

I agree that the OP needs to take his advertising elsewhere.

But while we're on the subject.  Part of what started me on my weight loss/fitness journey was having my tonsils/adenoids removed (and the subsequent 19lbs I lost during recovery, that motivated me to keep going).  I had them removed because my adenoids were blocking the drainage from my ears and I was getting recurring ear infections.  A very nice side affect was that it completely cured my snoring and improved my breathing drastically.  I was never officially diagnosed with sleep apnea, but my wife said that I routinely stopped breathing in my sleep.  My sleep and energy improved almost instantly, instead of waking up tired, I was waking up refreshed.  I'm not saying everyone would see the same benefits, since my tonsils and adenoids were quite oversized.

As were mine, the thing is, I had mine removed in 1970 when I was in 8th grade; pretty safe to say they are not the reason I have sleep apnea.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                        • 2-mile: 13:49
                        • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                        • 5-Mile: 37:24
                        • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                        • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                        • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                        JanaLamb

My friend got hers removed, too. But she was already more than 20 years old by then. After the removal, I noticed she gets cough and colds more often before. Is it her body adjusting and it's normal?

As were mine, the thing is, I had mine removed in 1970 when I was in 8th grade; pretty safe to say they are not the reason I have sleep apnea.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

As for breathing while running, I usually go with the old inhale-exhale method but sometimes I'll get crazy and go exhale-inhale

That's so 80's...