A question for women runners (Read 1793 times)

A Saucy Wench

If your running shorts/skirt have built in liners, is that truly going commando?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

12-week layoff

If your running shorts/skirt have built in liners, is that truly going commando?
      I think it counts as commando if you get "pants" and you are swingin' in the breeze. So watch out the roads. The commando police might be checking.

Hawt and sexy

Dammit! You and the sock monkeys. I think I am being stalked by sock monkeys. Seriously. I'm skerd. Skerd enough to poop the panties, if I wore them.

I'm touching your pants.

Lazy idiot

I think it counts as commando if you get "pants" and you are swingin' in the breeze. So watch out the roads. The commando police might be checking.
          As was observed in elementary school, a true depantsing artist can leave you swingin' in the breeze no matter how many underlayers you're wearing.

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

As was observed in elementary school, a true depantsing artist can leave you swingin' in the breeze no matter how many underlayers you're wearing.
            Yeah, I am pretty sure that skier in Vail had more than one layer on.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Scout7

Still scarred by those mean kids, huh?

Lazy idiot

Still scarred by those mean kids, huh?
                Heh... I saw what happens to unsuspecting sweat pants wearing kids, so I knew that pants and a belt were to be standard attire until recess was no longer an option. I mean... yes.

Tick tock

Ojo

Check out Ex Officio -- they have various styles depending on what you like to wear.

Sara

MM #2929

Bugs

I have no advice, but I do have a chaffing scar from my last marathon on my tush that I think will be a reminder of that cold wet day for the rest of my life. oh maybe go without.

Bugs

325th place or bust!

I am not a woman...but... Run commando. I do. The liner is more than enough.
                      I've done that with my Nike Dri-Fit but after 9 miles certain parts of my anatomy started to hurt. Cry

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

OverAnalyzer

tee hee hee. This thread is amusing me this evening. I can hereby attest to the un-chafe-y feeling of just UnderArmour running tights. Did that today for 16 miler in 16 degrees. Brrrr. Although when I got home my husband made me very self-conscious about the choice. Roll eyes He noted how the tights seemed to be separately cupping each cheek. Shocked LOL Oh well. Better than my bleeding booby from last weekend. That sucked.

skinnycaponesugar

...If you must wear panties, thongs stay in place and you can find the wicking ones at running stores and sporting goods stores. Just bodyglide the areas you do not want to chafe.
                          Running thongs...who would have thought? Shocked do they really prevent chafing? Confused MTA: specifying my concern...

Love, Run, Sleep