How to transfer running log from Garmin Connect to RA? (Read 170 times)

AlbertPWu

hello

I'm new to this forum and would like to know how I can transfer my YTD running log from Garmin Connect to RA.

Much appreciated

an amazing likeness

The amazing software developer who built and runs RA came up with a tool to bulk move your Garmin Connect data, saving you from having to do it. But it is a beta / experimental feature and depends on what Garmin's done lately with Connect as to results...

The "migrate" tools are not openly displayed as they are experimental at this time. Try this.

Go to your RunningAhead training log.

Click on Tools on the left hand menu

In the address bar of your browser, add "/migrate" to the end of URL that is there.

[When you add the /migrate, it will make the url look like https://www.runningahead.com/logs/xxx/tools/migrate ] 

This will get you to the page to migrate in your Garmin Connect data set.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Hi SpeedyTSO,

At one point, not long ago, Garmin's API was free and publicly accessible.  They have since disabled it and switched to a new API.  The moethod Milktruck described no longer works.  The new API costs a substantial amount of money.  I am exploring different options right now.  The bottom line is it is not possible at the moment to migrate your data.

eric Smile

AlbertPWu

Thanks @milktruck and @eric - appreciated you looking into this and do please keep us updated on new options.

runmichigan

There is a long way to get your running log from Garmin Connect to RA.  You need to sign into Garmin Connect and open each individual workout.  You should then see an Export button that will allow you to export your workout as GPX or TCX.  You will need to repeat this for each workout you want to move to RA.  RA then has a function that allows you to import each GPX or TCX file.  Of course you need to do those one by one.  A big caution - this allows you to export and import the GPS portion of the workout and not any comments or other information you entered.  RA will automatically populate the weather for you though ; )