Help: Shoes are dead, but have a race in 2 weeks. (Read 647 times)

Exactly what is says. Last week my calves felt tight after each short run, then my hips were sore after a 12.5 run. I need new shoes. I purchased the exact same Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7's online, but they won't be here till next week. Leaving about 10 days before the race. What do I do? Run in the old ones, which are just getting worse (even if it's just in my head), or try to break in the new ones and go with those? This is my second half marathon, but I'm in no way an experienced runner...so mental things like this get to me...Undecided Thanks for any help.
      New shoes usally feel a bit odd the first run for me, but after that, they just feel great. As long as you get a few runs in them, I wouldn't worry. Just don't get any nagging injuries on the old shoes.

Half Fanatic #846

It sounds to me like you'll have enough time to get in 2-4 runs in your new shoes to make sure they'll be okay to use for the HM. If not, you could buy new inserts for the "old" ones and use them instead and probably be okay (290 miles isn't a lot of mileage for most shoes). Good luck! Smile Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

racerunner1314

The same thing is happening to me now with the brooks Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8. I have the NJ marathon in two weeks and just got a new pair of the same shoe. The guy at the store said it would be fine so I am hoping for the best.

A Saucy Wench

My experience with Brooks Adrenaline GTS7s is that they die suddenly - like what you are experiencing...when they go, they go. But they also break in easy. Just dont do hilly routes your first couple runs.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

My experience with Brooks Adrenaline GTS7s is that they die suddenly - like what you are experiencing...when they go, they go.
              That's EXACTLY it. I had planned on starting with a new shoe after the race, as these felt fine until 2 weeks ago, then BAM. Dead. All sorts of minor pains showed up in the warning spots...calves, knees, hips. 12 days left until the race and the ones I ordered still aren't here Surprised...I'm going to wear them every day, all day, as soon as I get them.