Whose running the Chicago Marathon? (Read 787 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

On the flip side:

I would love to see more marathon's in the Midwest in December and January.

Okay, on the spelling and punctuation theme (thanks, Ileneforward, I was gonna say the same thing about whose/who's):  there should be no apostrophe in "marathon's" in the above post!  It's plural, not possessive.  And no, I'm not an English teacher. I are an engineer. Joking

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Who's (contraction of who is)  running the Chicago marathon?  flatfooter is also running it.

Guilty Big grin

Based on how the weather has been in Chicago (it's 65F now at 7:30) the last couple days I predict temps for Sunday will be:

7:30 (start) - 65 F

8:30 - 68 F

9:30 - 72 F

10:30 75 F

11:30 - 80 F

Marquess of Utopia

Okay, on the spelling and punctuation theme (thanks, Ileneforward, I was gonna say the same thing about whose/who's):  there should be no apostrophe in "marathon's" in the above post!  It's plural, not possessive.  And no, I'm not an English teacher. I are an engineer. Joking

Agreed. I'm not sure how I made that mistake it was my fingers consistently type things that I don't intend on typing. It's a miracle that I don't add more crap like that in my postings. But... until you run a marathon it will own you! *snap* Smile

Usually don't proof read what I type on a message board because I have 5 seconds to write something before I need to get back to real life. So I don't usually criticize others when I see their mistakes. We all know that protoplasm72 intended to say "who is". Let's move on and JFR!

protoplasm72

If you want me to track you, post your bib number or send me a message with it.  I'll sign up to get text messages and look for you on the course.  I might be moving around a little so you might see me a couple times but I want to be at mile 25 most of the time.  Either me or a blonde girl standing next to me will be holding the HTFU sign.  If I recognize you or you yell out my name (Joe)  I'll make sure to "motivate" you, ha ha.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

sAc238

Zeus

I will  be running but haven't been training much.  I'll be one of those guys where everyone is going "Why is an A corral guy back here with the open corral'ers?" 

I do wish there were more cool/cold weather marathons.  Looking at Athens, OH April 1st 2012.

2nd life PR's: 19:24 5k / 39:52 10k / 1:27:36 1/2 mar / 3:08:03 marathon

JML

If you want me to track you, post your bib number or send me a message with it.  I'll sign up to get text messages and look for you on the course.  I might be moving around a little so you might see me a couple times but I want to be at mile 25 most of the time.  Either me or a blonde girl standing next to me will be holding the HTFU sign.  If I recognize you or you yell out my name (Joe)  I'll make sure to "motivate" you, ha ha.

I am running (Coral D  / Bib 11289) and will be taking a shot at sub 4.  I will be wearing the same red shirt in my avatar photo (lucky racing shirt).  I don't understand the fuss about the temperature.  I trained through 80+ degrees and very humid conditions.  65 degrees and relatively dry should feel like a winter day.  Good luck to everyone else that is racing this weekend.

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

My race is tomorrow but the weather will likely be the same as Sunday.   I still can't believe that the weather is unseasonably warm for Chicago.  Again.  Yet it will break in time for Grand Rapids next weekend.  Again.   Heck I was going to run Grand Rapids but wanted 1 more week of recovery before NYC. 

I am running (Coral D  / Bib 11289) and will be taking a shot at sub 4.  I will be wearing the same red shirt in my avatar photo (lucky racing shirt).  I don't understand the fuss about the temperature.  I trained through 80+ degrees and very humid conditions.  65 degrees and relatively dry should feel like a winter day.  Good luck to everyone else that is racing this weekend.

Hope you have a great race and meet your goal!   However;  I guarantee that you will not think it feels like a winter day on the 2nd half of the course if there is no cloud cover.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  On the up side, there will be a lot of crowd support.  I noticed a significant difference in 2009 when it was 30F compared to the 70 and 80s in 2008 and 2010.  Captain Obvious at your service.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Mr Play

Good luck to everyone running it.  Looks like the live coverage will be streamed at nbcchicago.com, so I'll be watching from afar.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

On the flip side:

I would love to see more marathon's in the Midwest in December and January. I was disappointed when the Olathe Marathon canceled one year and moved the date from March to April.

Seriously what’s wrong with running in a few inches of snow? It’s not like they don’t plow the roads and put salt down. What’s a better test of determination than to run in single digit temps with a 20mph wind in your face!

If you are interested in a race like this let me know; I may need to expand and certify a race that I started last year.

I'm with ya!  

I've done the St.Paul Winter Carnival half a few times.   There's a different type of crowd doing the winter races.  The odds of catching a snowy day are about the same as having a rainy day.  Now cold on the other hand...  that's another deal, but I'd rather HTFU for cold than heat.    

Tim