Carmel, IN marathon anyone (Read 1024 times)

DoppleBock

I am sure we can hook you up with something hot and alcholic to drink.

Besides my inherent heat generation problems, basal temp regulation is one thing that can shut down when energy stores get low.  Last time I ran in the 30s in rain I ended up dangerously hypothermic by the end...a smarter person would have dropped but I was 2OA so I gutted a 2:36.  I was past clothes helping, it took 3 hours and lots of hot fluids to get my body temp back to a safe point.

Hopefully this time I will be smart enough to dress right if the weather requires (that race the front that came through...huge temp drop and rain...was not really predicted ahead of time).

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Imminent Catastrophe

And, hey, if there's Beer and a BBQ afterwards, that's just gravy! 

Well, if there's beer and BBQ, I'm in!

Weather looks good, 40's and overcast.

Flatfooter, I'm doing IA50 too. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Forecast for race day is low 40's at the start and low 50's by noon. You guys should be good to go.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Forecast for race day is low 40's at the start and low 50's by noon. You guys should be good to go.

I'm happy about the weather. But if there's anything to complain about (and why not), it's that 14 MPH wind out of the North. It appears though that the majority of the course runs e/w and not n/s.   I guess if I wanted perfect conditions, I'd run indoors all the time :-)

DoppleBock

I am 6'3 and 210# - I catch air like a sail + I get very little from drafting off you GD skinny runners.

But I will take hypothermia over heat exhaustion any day.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm happy about the weather. But if there's anything to complain about (and why not), it's that 14 MPH wind out of the North. It appears though that the majority of the course runs e/w and not n/s.   I guess if I wanted perfect conditions, I'd run indoors all the time :-)

With the way the wind has been here lately that's actually pretty calm. I don't think it will be too bad.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I am 6'3 and 210# - I catch air like a sail + I get very little from drafting off you GD skinny runners.

But I will take hypothermia over heat exhaustion any day.

I'll look for you when running North!

C-R

Wait. what?

Complaints about the weather? Talk to the Boston runners a bit.

Thankfully Trent Heat Mizer is not going to be in town but I hear he has something special lined up for CMM

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Why is it sideways?

Good luck, folks.

DoppleBock

Thanks - You get what you get on race day ~ But I am happy to be running a marathon tomorrow.  I am looking forward to the mental and physical stress, the pre-race excitement, the early race patience, the mid-race fight to keep steady and late race ramping up of physical and mental effort to maximum.  I love the distance - The process - But mainly I revel in the last 6.2. 

Good luck, folks.

Thanks - You get what you get on race day ~ But I am happy to be running a marathon tomorrow.  I am looking forward to the mental and physical stress, the pre-race excitement, the early race patience, the mid-race fight to keep steady and late race ramping up of physical and mental effort to maximum.  I love the distance - The process - But mainly I revel in the last 6.2. 

ah, yes, death by paper cuts!

Feeling the growl again

I just did my warmup.  I'll probably find a way to muck it up, but honestly I am better-prepared and feeling better than I did going into my last 3 marathons.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Good luck all! 

BoilerTom - I didn't see you post goal on the sub 3 thread, but based on your PRs, I'm guessing you are going for at least sub-3.  Any particular time goal you are trying to beat?

C-R

BBQ supplies procured. I know some who are joining are planning to bring side items which will be greatly appreciated and copiously consumed. Cold front just hit here and temps are already in the 50s and sinking.

It will be pretty funny to be running with my peeling Boston obtained sunburn tomorrow morning with temps in the 40's. What a wild week.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

vegefrog

If you see Leah Thorvilson offer her a beer Smile She won the Hogeye marathon last weekend, but since she's driving all the way from Little Rock, AR I assume she's looking to win tomorrow too. She's my hometown favorite and one awesome gal!