How do you display/show off your medals?? (Read 2911 times)

I have a few medals from local Half Marathons, but they're just hanging off the doorknob of a closet. Anyone have a better display method? Sara
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hide the evidence of my obsession in the back of my closet, where nobody can see it.

The voice of mile 18

mine are in a plastic container that used to contain wonton soup on a shelf somewhere unless the kids are playing with them somewhere

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I put mine on my varsity jacket. Which doesn't fit me (shrunk somehow) and has been stuffed in what used to be my bedroom closet for the last 19 years. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

I hide the evidence of my obsession in the back of my closet, where nobody can see it.
            Did the Kross Kountry Krogerian come with a nice medal?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No. That run is inextricably intertwined with the sheer joy of distance running.
                mine are hanging on a hook, here, over my desk. noone ever sees them but me. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Prophet!

i don't have any Cry
                    Same here Big grin
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mine are next to my computer monitor, hanging off of the window latch. 2 HMs and a 25k. This year I should be getting another 25k medal, another HM, and my first marathon. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

My kids get all of my medals except my MCM finisher medal which hangs on my bookshelf (sentimental reasons).

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

i don't have any Cry
                          How can you be a two-time marathon runner without any finisher's medals? Some bizarre Hawaiian state regulation? I have three HM and one marathon currently hanging from a curtain rod finial.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

Mine are laying in the back of my closet somewhere. I was thinking of doing something with them, and I came across this display: http://www.marathonmemoriesnmore.com/page1/page1.html Nothing more than a glorified hat rack, but it's cheap and simple. I was also thinking about making a framed display myself by taking thin hobby boards from home depot, wrapping them with felt, and then stacking them up inside a frame, but that sounds like work.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

All mine are in the side table drawer by my bed with the ribbons neatly folded. I don't think my wife would ever let me hang them anywhere. Besides, I'd kinda feel like I was bragging if I did hang them up.

Dan

Gotta TRI

Wow, I am totally new to running, but have completed one 5k and have built quite the shrine to memorialize it. I didn't realize I was supposed to throw the medal in a closet! Big grin Seriously, I took like an 8x11 frame and placed the flyer for the race, my bib number, and a pic of me crossing the line in it and have the medal (3rd age group ) draped over the top of it. It's in my office at work.
                                2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon