RA Training Log (Read 940 times)

I think I've properly begun posting to my training log, entered some courses and shoes, and have it set so others can view. I'm not going to back up any more, but just continue to build going forward. I'm in hopes of picking up some pointers from you fast people.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

db7

Looks like you are doing just fine. You are kicking my butt!! DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

You've got a good start on things. You've been versatile this year, running everything from a 5k to a marathon.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Knowledge is power. Or something like that... As far as ways go to track your workouts, this is one of the best I've found.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

As far as ways go to track your workouts, this is one of the best I've found.
            I like it. I have a program that is very good but I wanted a web based tracking application. Reading about the log somewhere else is what brought me to RA and the friendly folks here just make it all the better.

Ditto. Keep up the great work!

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I love your tag line. Beer is the base of the food pyramid in my book. Best of luck in your 26.2 Sunday. I'll be in Huntington, WV. going for a PR at 13.1. 1:35:30 is my goal.

db7

I have fun. If I didnt, I probably wouldn't run at all. Goals are important for me. It is my motivation to keep training. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

I have fun. If I didnt, I probably wouldn't run at all. Goals are important for me. It is my motivation to keep training. DB
                    Being very competitive in my A.D. the past few years has really boosted my competitive spirit. This season, my first year in the 55-59 AD has been a dream. Also, I'm very close to PR's I set in '96-'97. My 5k PR is 20:02 and I recently ran 20:28. My 13.1 PR is 1:35:59 and I may break it this weekend. I was at 1:38:30 halfway through the Louisville Marathon. Naturally, running these times in the 40-44 and 45-49 AD's, the only time I ever won was when the big dogs didn't show.

I like it. I have a program that is very good but I wanted a web based tracking application. Reading about the log somewhere else is what brought me to RA and the friendly folks here just make it all the better.
                      I have some notebooks with my training logs from college. I also have some various excel and open office spread sheets that I wrote from a few years ago. I also have a half dozen accounts with different services over the web, but this one and breaking the tape are the only ones I still use and I am going to stop using breaking the tape at the end of the year. I just want some of their reports since I don't know when Eric is going to have his overhaul for this site, and there are two reports that I really like from BTT that I can't easily replicate here and I've been too lazy to write my own app to use a downloaded copy of my log from here. I have used some applications on my local system, but the only one that seemed worthwhile was sports tracks and since I don't have GPS I didn't feel like it worked too well for me.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love your tag line. Beer is the base of the food pyramid in my book.
                        Have you seen the "Drinkers with a running problem" group...? Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Have you seen the "Drinkers with a running problem" group...? Big grin
                          Yea, the hashers. Nothing I care to participate in. They drink AND run. I do a lot of both but at different times.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yea, the hashers. Nothing I care to participate in. They drink AND run. I do a lot of both but at different times.
                            Nah...the RA Drinkers with a Running Problem group...we're not hashers, since we separate our drinking and running...mostly. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Nah...the RA Drinkers with a Running Problem group...we're not hashers, since we separate our drinking and running...mostly. Wink k
                              Oh ... sorry! I thought you were referring to the hashers. I haven't explored the RA site a lot yet as I'm still learning my way around. Hopefully I'll become a regular as long as you people let me hang out here.