This girl is a better person than I am (Read 1420 times)

Tiefsa

Check it out

I know I would have kept running.  Does that make me bad?

Either way, this was some pretty impressive sportsmanship.  Also, I like how the officials did not DQ her for helping out a runner.

In WI they would have disqualified her, but that's just how the WIAA rolls around these parts.

I have to be honest.  She gave up 14th place in a 15 person race.  She didn't pull a soldier up the beach at Normandy. 

And I'm not sure that dragging her was the correct thing to do for her health.  I don't know where the coaches were but if the girl could not stand on her own I probably would have just run out there to help her. 

And I think there was no reason to DQ.  There was nobody else affected by the outcome as they were in last.   

Sorry to be Debbie Downer.  (here come the boos at me)

I have to be honest.  She gave up 14th place in a 15 person race.  She didn't pull a soldier up the beach at Normandy. 

And I'm not sure that dragging her was the correct thing to do for her health.  I don't know where the coaches were but if the girl could not stand on her own I probably would have just run out there to help her. 

BOOOOOOOOO!!! Wink

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Julia1971

And I think there was no reason to DQ.  There was nobody else affected by the outcome as they were in last.   

Booooo!  (If it makes you feel better, this writer at Deadspin wasn't impressed either: Last Place Runner Heroically Finishes Last).

xor

A blizzard gives us ALL a reason to DQ

Julia1971

xor

Boo my brown ass.

Blizzard is GOODNESS

Julia1971

Boo my brown ass.

Blizzard is GOODNESS

Disagree.  Possibly the worst stomach ache of my life was DQ-inspired.  In Texas, no less.  Traveling cross country, my mom cashed in a bunch of coupons at a DQ - burgers, fries, ice cream - in ridiculous Texas heat.  Ugh!  Probably didn't help I was riding cargo in the Toyota Corolla Hatchback.  Good times.  David Sedaris and I should hang out.

Blizzard sits in your stomach like a brick.  McFlurry is boss.

xor

Your mistake was front loading with the Hungerbuster and fries.  Just the blizzard.  Goodness.

Blizzard made with the dip cone chocolate?  Oh my.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In Texas, no less.

Further evidence that Texans are domineering.

xhristopher

Turtle Brownie w/ Pecans is the June Blizzard of the Month. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Booooo!  (If it makes you feel better, this writer at Deadspin wasn't impressed either: Last Place Runner Heroically Finishes Last).

That was a funny article.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Prince of Fatness

Possibly the worst stomach ache of my life was DQ-inspired.  In Texas, no less.

The Mr Misty brain freeze headaches are the worst.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

I miss DQ.  They replaced ours with a yak in the box a couple years ago.  boooooooo

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7