Importing - shoe data suggestion (Read 600 times)

whamblen

Would it be difficult to check the SHOES field of the tsv file during an import and look for a match with a "Shoe ID" already in the database? I've been playing with the importer prior to uploading 18 months worth of runs. As long as I am consistent with the naming of the shoes in the tsv file, they are grouped together appropriately and I can go change the shoe info after the import. No big deal. But if someone did multiple imports (as I was considering) you end up with two shoes that need to be "merged" together - and I see no way to do that other than by editing every single run. The same problem would occur for someone who had significant data already entered and then wanted to do an import. If the importer matched SHOES to Shoe ID, when possible, this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe it's difficult or maybe there are side effects I'm not thinking of, but late on this Wednesday afternoon it seems like a good idea to me. :-) In any case, very nice work on the log! It's the best I've seen. - Bill
    eric :)

Bill, What you're asking for is a fringe case. It's very rare that someone wants to import their data from multiple data sources. I opted not to invest too much time in the importer (which handles most of the situations quite nicely) because there are many other features that will benefit more users. If you have multiple files, you should merge them into one before importing. eric Smile