Texas Independence Relay - Need a runner (Read 61 times)

half-fast

Hi All - My TIR team had a runner drop out yesterday due to illness.  We have just a few days (the race is this weekend) to find a replacement.

The Texas Independence Relay is a 200mi point to point relay race with typically 12 runners alternating running a total of 40 legs.  The slots that opened up are 3 legs totaling ~17mi.  The team will have vans leaving from both the Austin and Houston area Sat. morning to meet up in Gonzales (where the race starts).  The team has quite a variety of folks on it (both male and female, young and younger (15-50+) and a variety of paces (7-12min/mi)).

So anyone interested in sharing close quarters with a bunch of sweaty runners you don't know?

HF

Anonymous Guest

Good luck finding a runner! I jumped into a relay in Vermont a few years ago not knowing anyone on my team and made some great friends. If I wasn't already on a team for TIR, I'd do it.

Anyway, if you see team Excess Baggage out there, say hi! We're all coming from the Houston area and Cypress Running Club.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I hope you find a runner.  Had I read this a few days ago, I'd be in, but have since made a commitment for the weekend.  I'm in San Antonio, just up the road from Gonzales.  This sucks....

half-fast

Anon - It looks like ya'll start 10 min after us, so I'll look for you at the start line.  Good Luck!

Run26 - Thank you!  It's a bummer you can't join, but it's to be expected given how late this is coming.