Marijuana and running (Read 1744 times)

Go Pre!

ts;dr
    TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Ostrich runner

The problem with the old thread was the OP. He was starting with a premise that people were supposed to be impressed with what he'd achieved in spite of himself. 

I've known several runners who were objectively pretty good and who frequently ran high. That said, none of them were what I'd call elite either.

I will also back up the advice to slow down. If you haven't been a runner before and are running the paces you're stating, you obviously have an affinity for it (or at least you're in pretty good shape from other stuff). Running fast on every run right out of the gates is a recipe for injury, or, at least burning out (pun not really avoided). 

These days, it is not safe to assume that consumption of marijuana will make a person stink - there are many ways of using increasingly available that will not. I don't see any problem at all with moderate consumption of marijuana if you're active and enjoy it. It absolutely can be helpful in some ways, but it can be diametrically unhelpful in the same ways if it comes to be relied upon. That's the danger I see in making it a regular activity. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

My fave part is becoming a 4:50 miler after only 6 training runs thanks to the wacky tabacky.

Why is it sideways?

Apparently running and smoking cannabis have very similar effects on the brain, at least neurochemically.

Google "endocannabinoids."

NYTimes article/blog.

My fave part is becoming a 4:50 miler after only 6 training runs thanks to the wacky tabacky.

I was wondering the same thing if a 18:23 2 miles gets to a 12:33 and a 4:50 mile in 6 runs, we may be onto something wonderful here.  Who needs years of running.  How can I get hooked up? 

Why is it that these wacky statements come from people who rarely have a profile or a log history?

(By the way , I've got a line to a great price on this vintage bridge in Brooklyn if anyone is interested.)

maybe he doesn't have the attention span to finish creating his profile. 

xor

His body was functioning as it was intended to!

As for Current Pot =/= stench, that is good information. I was not aware of that.

"It is not safe to assume..."  is an english-ism that has always been weird to me.  (disclaimer: this joke is directed at the expression, not at beef)  I think it was pretty safe to assume that weed still stinks.  I might be wrong, but it's not like I was going to lose an arm or contract syphilis by assuming something outdated.  (please re-read disclaimer)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As for Current Pot =/= stench, that is good information. I was not aware of that.

"It is not safe to assume..."  is an english-ism that has always been weird to me.  (disclaimer: this joke is directed at the expression, not at beef)  I think it was pretty safe to assume that weed still stinks.  I might be wrong, but it's not like I was going to lose an arm or contract syphilis by assuming something outdated.  (please re-read disclaimer)

It is not safe to assume...if you might get busted on account of the "aroma."

#artbydmcbride

.......... For example I've found that I am able to go harder, longer, and faster ............

My spam folder is filled with claims like these!

Runners run

Ostrich runner

What'd you say boy? 

Now that you mention it, it is a funny expression. Have you ever considered that you might, like, just be an atom in some greater beings toenail. And right now, maybe that greater being is toking, and that's why all this crazy shit is going on? Dude, I mean, the possibilities are endless.

That said, I may or may not have been at a wedding a couple years ago in a medical mj state where some very special lollipops were available. The stuff these kids have these days is pretty awesome. I mean dangerous. Or something.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

xor

bhearn

Apparently running and smoking cannabis have very similar effects on the brain, at least neurochemically.

Huh. How about that, it's almost 4:20 here on the west coast... but oops, I already ran today.