The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Quite a bit of sex going on in the comic as well (Zoomy - may want to keep an eye on this as DS reads it)

Hmmm...DH is reading them, too.  I'll see what he thinks.

There sure are a lot of differences, wow.  No wonder DS was confusing me when he'd ask questions about show stuff.  Dale + Andrea?!  Ewwwwww..... Tight lips

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

Not to beat a dead horse on this one, but I'm reading volume 10 right now and they just came upon a bunch of guys who came pretty damn close to raping Carl.  Just an FYI for when DS gets farther along in the series.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...DH will definitely have to screen these before DS gets to them.  Perhaps we can convince him to stick to the show.  I sometimes wish he weren't such a voracious reader.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, is it Fall, yet?!  Just that photo of Merle gives me the heebie jeebies!

~ Sarah Kay

I heard they are having some mini preview of season 3 July 7-8 (I think).

I heard they are having some mini preview of season 3 July 7-8 (I think).

Based off the commercial I just hard... It's a marathon of Season 1 & Season 2 (19 Episodes) followed by a live showing of Talking Dead with scenes from Season 3.

And for some confirmation...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amc-walking-dead-season-3-331745 

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Season 3 starts October 14th!

In the meantime, check out The Walken Dead

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Globule, I think you posted that before...but it's still funny! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

lagwagon

...now this is a "zombie thread" whose return I welcome...

fwiw, I saw the movie Zombieland the other day for the first time, and thought it was pretty good.  loved the Bill Murray stuff.

I'm not sure how i missed it first time around, but worth the rental.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...now this is a "zombie thread" whose return I welcome...

fwiw, I saw the movie Zombieland the other day for the first time, and thought it was pretty good.  loved the Bill Murray stuff.

I'm not sure how i missed it first time around, but worth the rental.

I love that movie (and I think the casting was absolutely perfect), but Shaun of the Dead is still my favorite zombie comedy.

~ Sarah Kay

Durrr

Shaun of the Dead is the quintessential ROMZOMCOM (romantic zombie comedy).

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shaun of the Dead is the quintessential ROMZOMCOM (romantic zombie comedy).

I would have to agree...I would add BROZOMANCE, as well!

~ Sarah Kay

Still waiting for season 2 to stream on Netflix. 

Lame!

- Anya

lagwagon

Lame!

Kinda like the first half of season 2!!  jk, i hope you find it soon.   otherwise, i'd wager there will be another season 2 marathon on before season 3.

as far as SOTD vs Zombieland, i probably need to see both again, but might lean towards the latter.  i'd have to throw 28 days later into the mix too, as its my other favorite modern zombie classic.

internet trivia: according to rotten tomatoes and imdb, they rank as follows:

Movie   RT      IMBD

SOTD  91%    8.0/10

ZL        90%    7.8/10

28DL   88%    7.6/10

so am i missing any other modern zombie classics?  I liked resident evil but it doesnt rank with these imho.  i also think the romero films stand apart.  what should i grab from itunes for my next trip?