Donna Summer's turn (Read 790 times)

xor

Donna Summer died.  She was 63.

Cancer still sucks.

Indeed it does.

We are listening to a Donna Summer marathon at work right now. 

God, her music reminds me of playing soccer in 7th grade. 

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no...my sister and I were just talking about her yesterday (my sister was listening to Pinball Wizard and my nephew asked if that was disco--she said she's going to have to break out the Donna Summer to introduce him to authentic disco).  Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shit, and remember when I killed the Oxyclean guy...? Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

My nephew's Facebook post back on may 4th:

"Junior Seau, Adam Yauch, who's going to be #3?"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My nephew's Facebook post back on may 4th:

"Junior Seau, Adam Yauch, who's going to be #3?"

A morning radio show I listened to back in college used to do regular Celebrity Death-Watch episodes.

~ Sarah Kay

one of many disco divas but the undisputed Queen of the Disco! 

disco was ramping up around my senior year of HS & next couple of yrs.    all the local bars making any kind of money had switched to 18 & over dance clubs  with the rotating disco balls in N.Cal. where I lived.   either that or it was country.   I stuck with good ole R & R but went to the clubs to meet girls (or try to).  never could get the moves down or wear those clothes.   just could not!

disco: love it or hate it,  either way everyone knew the words. some disco really not that bad except for Rod Stewart!  something very distrubing about  the combo of Rod Stewart trying to look & sing  disco. 

anyway Donna Summer Queen of the Disco     RIP

A Saucy Wench

Yeah, I couldnt figure out why the Dentist's office was playing disco music this morning until they mentioned she died. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Shit, and remember when I killed the Oxyclean guy...? Shocked

Heather better watch out.  If I were her I would demand to be removed from your picture pronto.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heather better watch out.  If I were her I would demand to be removed from your picture pronto.

Evil

~ Sarah Kay

xor

The Lone Ranger has asked to be removed from your picture, Tonto.

kcam

one of many disco divas but the undisputed Queen of the Disco! 

disco was ramping up around my senior year of HS & next couple of yrs.    all the local bars making any kind of money had switched to 18 & over dance clubs  with the rotating disco balls in N.Cal. where I lived.   either that or it was country.   I stuck with good ole R & R but went to the clubs to meet girls (or try to).  never could get the moves down or wear those clothes.   just could not!

disco: love it or hate it,  either way everyone knew the words. some disco really not that bad except for Rod Stewart!  something very distrubing about  the combo of Rod Stewart trying to look & sing  disco. 

anyway Donna Summer Queen of the Disco     RIP

I'm a few years younger than you, I guess.  Around my neck of the woods, I do remember there were three crowds in HS - the disco crowd, the country crowd and the crowd that wore "Disco Sucks" tshirts.   As I've grown older all those old hated Disco songs are now some of my favorite.  Heck, even back then I sure had a fine appreciation for "Love to Love You, baby!!  RIP, Donna Summer.

#artbydmcbride

I have On the Radio...playing in my head!

Runners run

BeeRunB

She was the real deal. One of the best.