Erie or Lehigh Valley PA marathons for BQ attempt? (Read 145 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I'm inclined to think my BQ-3:15 isn't going to hold up for 2014, so you'll probably find me at LVM too. 18 weeks starts May 6....F.

Yup, the fun starts on the 6th. Smile  Which works out perfectly, I'll be spending the previous weekend visiting my brother (i.e. consuming a lot of beer), so that'll be my last hurrah before getting serious.

-Dave

My running blog

2014 Goals | sub-19 5k done! | sub-40 10k | sub-1:25 HM | BQ done! | sub-3 M

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yay, more people running "my" marathon! This will be exciting! I'm curious to see how many registrants they have this year. Last year they had under 600 marathon finishers.

Longboat

Letting off steam

Marathonguide has those two marathons as #5 and #4 in highest % of BQ's for 2012 Marathons. 24.3% at Erie, 24.8% at Lehigh Valley

Neil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nearly back to 100% 6 months after Achilles surgery. Now at 35 50 mpw.

Base building time!

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Yes, come run the Via Marathon!  The weather can be a crap shoot, but it's a great race...it was my first marathon back in 2010.

I ran VIa the first year and the weather SUCKED ASS. Great race though

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks again for the help deciding, but I have now decided to not shoot for a BQ this year and instead stick to my original plan.  I will continue to base build for the next six months, then start a marathon program (most likely still Pfitz, maybe the 18/85 if I'm ready by then) and train for my first full next March.  Then if I qualify, I'll run Boston in 2015.  Just decided that there's no need to rush things, I like the course that I'm on, and I don't want to mess things up by pushing up my already completely arbitrary schedule. Smile  Plus it will give me more time to save for Boston, so I can do it right and not have to worry about buying everything at the expo, or enjoying everything that Boston has to offer.

-Dave

My running blog

2014 Goals | sub-19 5k done! | sub-40 10k | sub-1:25 HM | BQ done! | sub-3 M