Oakley fogging up (Read 926 times)

Just Do It

I own a pair of Oakley flak jackets and haven't run that much in them. One of the reasons I bought them is they were supposed to have a coating that made fogging very difficult. Well, ran today and they fogged up the entire run. Very annoying. I cleaned them several times, but they kept fogging up. Anyone else know of the Oakley treatment for antifogging? Any solutions? I've tried wiping with shaving cream already, btw.
    My NY running blog Never Quit
    JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I've heard spit works well, but I've never done it....kinda grosses me out. Confused Good luck!
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
      jck

Yes spit is an old scuba divers mask trick, it does work but you have the ability to wash your mask as soon as you do it it might be hard to do on a run.
        Clark 2008 Goals Run HM under 2hrs done-1:50 Run First Full Marathon Sept 14th 4:00 Finish all home projects---ya right
        RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I just bought a pair of Flak's as well but they are perscription sunglasses. Anyway, the fog up for a little bit here and there but usually it is because they have slipped to close to my face so that the air is not getting on them. Usually it does not take long for the them to defog. I have the polarized black lenses with the mirror finish. Besides them fogging up every once in a while I love the glasses.
            2011 Goals:
            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          HOSS1961

Yes spit is an old scuba divers mask trick, it does work but you have the ability to wash your mask as soon as you do it it might be hard to do on a run.
            Better yet buy something at your local dive store that prevents fogging like Sea Dog or Gold Seal. Use it before you leave home.
            HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured